What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
‘Tis the season!
30A27133-F081-4C25-AB18-A3135DACA9F9.jpeg

Alternating between Columbus Brewing Company Bodhi DIPA and Sibling Revelry Mocha Oatmeal Stout. Both are good stuff and made in Ohio (where I live).

Tried these and they were not very good IMO. Strong!

View attachment 1075105View attachment 1075106
It's a sipper! Might even share a bottle with someone! Is that your first barrel aged beer? They all have pretty high ABVs. The first time I tried that one, the bottle was split between four people. Later in that same vacation, I had my first 5 oz or so of KBS from Founder's on draft. Gotta ease into the barrel aged stuff!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
It's a sipper! Might even share a bottle with someone! Is that your first barrel aged beer? They all have pretty high ABVs. The first time I tried that one, the bottle was split between four people. Later in that same vacation, I had my first 5 oz or so of KBS from Founder's on draft. Gotta ease into the barrel aged stuff!
Yeah never had barrel aged before. I gather that it’s a sipper and I didn’t have more than one glass. It just wasn’t “wow“ good. It wasn’t thrilling.

Well, you set the bar high with your first barrel aged beer! There are lots out there to compare. Maybe you'll find a couple you like.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Well, you set the bar high with your first barrel aged beer! There are lots out there to compare. Maybe you'll find a couple you like.
I bought 2 of the Original Stout. I opened one and am saving the other since it said it ages in the bottle up to 5 years. Figure I’ll crack it open in a few years. I would have got 2 of the Wheatwine but they only had one bottle. IDK how long they will last opened in the fridge. My bro drank the rest of the Stout by himself.

As close to Guinness as I am getting on St. Patrick’s Day. I wanted something a little more refreshing after a bike ride, but…

Attachments

• E5C3061E-4AFC-4F53-A0BC-23EECCEF4FE4.jpeg
    E5C3061E-4AFC-4F53-A0BC-23EECCEF4FE4.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
Stopped at the door of Total Wine. Had to join the queue. As a customer exited, one was allowed into the store. Lines taped on the floor, setting boundaries for social distancing. The whole atmosphere hinted to me that I'd better get in and out as soon as possible, but my uneasiness made that decision a forgone conclusion. Picked up my stuff and fled.

DSCN1076.JPG

Brass Foundry's Cream Ale, Long Lake, MN. I warmed up to it after a few sips, because it had a hoppy nip to it that I normally don't associate with a cream ale. All in all, not too bad.

Stay strong and true, fellas. I've got to admit, it's almost hard to enjoy a good brew during these trying times. Keep posting, and let everyone know what you're trying.

Don

Terrepin (Athens, GA) Liquid Bliss,
chocolate peanut butter porter

Not overly sweet, they use local chocolate that has a nice bitterness to it and the peanut butter is earthy and almost smokey.

Terrepin (Athens, GA) Liquid Bliss,
chocolate peanut butter porter

Not overly sweet, they use local chocolate that has a nice bitterness to it and the peanut butter is earthy and almost smokey.

When I first started seeing these peanut butter beers, I rolled my eyes and said "C'mon....", but the peanut butter DOES have a roasty, earthy quality that you mention. I've liked almost all the ones I've tried.
DSCN1078.JPG

Busted Knuckle Irish Ale from Gray's Brewing, Janesville, WI. A solid Irish ale if ever there was one.

Don

Your beer exploration journey had to start somewhere. Here's where mine began:
View attachment 1076611
An eye opener for me. Until this one, I was convinced that no beer possessed any sort of flavor, soul, or any reason to drink the beverage. It's still awesome.

Don
That’s one Porter that does not leave me full of regret for not grabbing a stout. Many Porters have a watery mouth feel. Not this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom