Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Good stuff

wwa-2.jpg

F71E2679-52AB-4AE1-BDCE-834704569E8A.jpeg
Took the 26” MTB down to Big Storm in Cape Coral (not a scenic spot) for a reason to get outside. Tropic Pressure Florida Ale - small pour.

DSCN1062.JPG

A barrel aged stout from Oliphant. A pint and a half of liquid melatonin, with an interesting backstory referencing the beer's name on the wraparound label. Really a nice one.

Don

@FL shaver How did I miss this thread!? I am the original Head Brewer and now Sales Director for Half Wall Brewery in New Smyrna Beach, FL. We've had a draft presence in Volusia and Flagler Counties for almost two years now but we just released three of our brands in cans. If you ever plan on coming over this way shoot me a PM and I'll show you around the brewery, introduce you to our brewer, and make sure you are VERY familiar with what we offer haha

@FL shaver How did I miss this thread!? I am the original Head Brewer and now Sales Director for Half Wall Brewery in New Smyrna Beach, FL. We've had a draft presence in Volusia and Flagler Counties for almost two years now but we just released three of our brands in cans. If you ever plan on coming over this way shoot me a PM and I'll show you around the brewery, introduce you to our brewer, and make sure you are VERY familiar with what we offer haha
Very nice! I will be on the lookout for your brews! Thanks!!

683278D6-66F3-4BC6-9A91-FD7A3CF1C815.jpeg495EEAD4-254F-4BF5-B2DE-4C186F063EAC.jpegEB2E2D93-8058-4DDF-A68E-F8898D3F3E9D.jpeg1EED238E-AA55-4C0D-A0FF-A701F2BFFAC6.jpeg553B90C5-DD3B-4195-819C-28A87470EFB5.jpeg
Trip to Momentum Brewhouse in Bonita Springs after an early flats boat fishing trip out of Goodland amongst the Ten Thousand Islands. Gentle Jade Saison and GOAT Coffee Stout to start, and a growler fill of Dress Down Brown Ale.

DSCN1066.JPG

A downright yummy Irish Amber from Boulevard. Frosty cold, too (sat in my truck overnight!), combined with a pleasant, "close to home" nod to the Chiefs for their Super Bowl win.

Don

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I picked up a few different beers to try this week. Not sure what to start with. Probably the Mead, I’ve never had Mead.

09027906-9EE4-4963-A8CD-A98A25C6DF96.jpeg

Interesting. In most states meaderies fall under wine & cider licensing and not beer/malt beverage licensing so they have a wide margin of sources of fermentables (sugars, basically). I believe they have to legally contain a percentage of honey to be labeled as a Mead (I, as a licensed craft brewery, must have a minimum something like 55-60% of my 'fermentable sugars' come from a malt source) but beyond that can get nuts... I wouldn't be surprised if that brand features a large percentage of fruit. If it's very dry, it's fermented out and is probably higher abv. If it's very sweet, it's probably back-sweetened post-fermentation and probably lower abv. All of the above is a generalization of course.

FF93B730-426D-41EF-9102-9EE6046D2475.jpeg
I had to go out last night because I don’t get NESN and it was Beanpot Hockey semifinal night. I stayed long enough for Founder’s Rubaeus on nitro, but I was asleep when BU crushed BCs hope of a title with DOT goal.

Treehouse JJJuliusss!

For those who aren't from the Northeast, they make amazing "New England" IPAs.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 3

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Tried a few beers from the photo tonight. This one may be the best.

“Tart Light Bodied Wheat ale inspired by the Table Beers of Southern Belgium mining towns. Fermented in French Oak with our Saison wild mixed cultures, dry hopped with Nelson Sauvin”. It said it was aged in white wine barrels.

it’s got that white wine taste and kind of hoppy. Odd to describe

$20 for 25.4 oz

79898649-2930-4C5B-BD03-4925E1EAC636.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom