What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried a few beers from the photo tonight. This one may be the best.

“Tart Light Bodied Wheat ale inspired by the Table Beers of Southern Belgium mining towns. Fermented in French Oak with our Saison wild mixed cultures, dry hopped with Nelson Sauvin”. It said it was aged in white wine barrels.

it’s got that white wine taste and kind of hoppy. Odd to describe

$20 for 25.4 oz

View attachment 1059709

That is right up my alley. Light, slightly tart, and easy drinking.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
That is right up my alley. Light, slightly tart, and easy drinking.
Give it a go if you can find it. Apparently I got batch #1. Untaped shows reviews for a batch #2
I don’t think I’d buy it again at that price point. But it is good.

0379DE88-B83A-43BB-8093-ED9897858847.jpeg

DSCN1067.JPG

A double maple stout aged in bourbon barrels with coffee beans. Nervous that it'd be too sweet, but it turned out to be a great sipper.

Good friends are rare; good friends who like the same beer styles you like and are willing to pick some up for you on their trip to Milwaukee are rarer still. This was one of the presents he brought back for my eternally grateful hide. I can see a brewery tour/road trip in our future.....

Don

This is the time of year when an informal, but firm ruling triumvirate emerges involving me, my snow blower, and beer. It's almost like no other relationship even matters....
DSCN1069.JPG

Another one for my eternally grateful hide as referenced in post #47. Nice Belgian stout.

Don

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Tonight I shared a crowler from Pipeworks Brewing Company: First-Rate Rauchbock Lager. Pretty nice stuff.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I’m doing an IPA series this week.

0/2 so far. Dogfish head yuck. Tastes like a hoppy Miller lite. And the voodoo ranger, yuck.

850BBB7A-EF9C-4B68-8931-78EEAFC685D7.jpeg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Citradelic and All Day are two of my favorites

I'm going to try the Citradelic next. Will report back

Ooof!! Not very good IMO. Smells like stale fermented OJ. Tastes much the same. Now....let it be known I'm not a fan of IPA. I've had just 1, MAYBE 2 that I actually like. But so far tonight....0/3
and I gotta move on to the water (Miller Lite) because it's giving me heartburn.

Ooof!! Not very good IMO. Smells like stale fermented OJ. Tastes much the same. Now....let it be known I'm not a fan of IPA. I've had just 1, MAYBE 2 that I actually like. But so far tonight....0/3
and I gotta move on to the water (Miller Lite) because it's giving me heartburn.

Most IPA's are love or hate so I can understand. I've worked for 4 different breweries, 2 distributors, and 1 home brew store so I'm uncomfortably familiar with most anything you can send my way. Through it all... I had my fun and don't really drink much anymore. It's very rare that I have a beer so inspiring that I want even a whole glass of it, let alone multiple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom