What's new

Bay Rum Shaving Soap?

I am looking for a nice Bay Rum scent that performs well. I tried Conk's and didn't like how the soap performed. Please post some suggestions that has a great scent AND lathers well.

Sorry, my search didn't work well on the forum, I'm sure this has been posted 1k times.

Thanks!

I agree with you about Conk's. I am currently using Ogallala Bay Rum. It is like Conk's in price but I think the quality is better. It comes in several scents. I am currently using sweet orange and loving it.

OMG, I don't know how I missed it. I ordered Mike samples and overlooked it.

1Tallow, Lanolin, & Kokum Butter Shaving Soap Sample: Barber Shop
1Tallow, Lanolin, & Kokum Butter Shaving Soap Sample: Lime
1Tallow, Lanolin, & Kokum Butter Shaving Soap Sample: Orange, Cedarwood, & Black Pepper
1Tallow, Lanolin, & Kokum Butter Shaving Soap Sample Peppermint & Rosemary
1Tallow, Lanolin, & Kokum Butter Shaving Soap Sample: Pine & Cedarwood
1Tallow, Lanolin, & Kokum Butter Shaving Soap Sample: Lemongrass & Eucalyptus

I'll give the others a shot. Keep em coming!

Too much clove in Mike's. I like Mundus' bay rum, since it is light on the clove, Barrister & Mann would also be a choice of mine since they don't use clove.

all the artisans have a bay rum. Mike's, Mystic, Queen Charolette all have a version. All three great tallows! I believe Ogalllala, HoneyBee, and Mama Bears also have the scent

I have Conk, Mama Bear, Mystic Water, and Ogallala. I find Ogallala has some great scents with their various bay rums. Mama Bear's is a nice and less spicey version, and it lathers like a champ. I also love the MW scent but it can be a bit more of a challenge to dial in the lather. All around I think the Ogallala wins for value.

Ogallala has one of my favorite scents. The bay and sandalwood is incredible. It lathers really well and is super slippery. It can be a little drying though.

Nobody's mentioned Straight Razor Designs' house brand of glycerin shaving soap. The stuff lathers and shaves very well, and their fragrances are top notch. I've got a new tub of the West Indies Bay version waiting for its number to come up.

If you want a scent blend, I would go with one of the Ogallala scents. For just Bay Rum, I really like Honeybee. It smells great, lathers really well, and is fairly inexpensive.

Lots of good recommendations. Of those, I have a little experience with 3.

I owned a puck of oglala but never used it. Smell is on the sweet end, clovey, I like the smell, but mostly use tallow now.

Mama Bear's- a more dark and herbaceous version of the smell. Lathers easily, maybe not as slick as I'd like.

Mike's have a sample, haven't shaved with it. Smell is between the other two, with a slight earthiness. Performance of Mike's soaps is top notch, no reason to think this would be different

Top Bottom