What's new

Barrister and Mann's new Omnibus base: discussion and reviews

Received it. Wendy even threw in a Diamond balm sample. Not a fan of that one but its interesting. Leviathan smells great off the puck. Has some Hallows somewhere in the background and coffee beans. I think i'm going to love it. Soap was just about as firm as excelsior far as i can tell. I'll post more later after my shave.

Oh man, just when I thought I was finished buying soap for a while...

How safe/polarizing of a scent is Leviathan, in your estimation?

Well. I'm not into dark scents but Leviathan has a cleanliness about it from the sandalwood I guess. I really like it and suspect it'll get even better. I wouldn't fear it, but you have to like leather. The base is easily the best I have. Actually looking forward to Seville in omnibus. I'm buying that right away when he releases it. Damn this is good soap.

I would never describe it as ‘safe.’ ‘Awesome’ is the word I would use, however. Dark, coffee/leather/tobacco. Yummy.
I'm not into dark scents but Leviathan has a cleanliness about it from the sandalwood I guess. I really like it and suspect it'll get even better. I wouldn't fear it, but you have to like leather.

Hmm, I'm certainly tempted. If I disliked Lavanille, would Leviathan be a stretch?

That was some damn good lather- even better than soft heart, if that's possible. Post shave is the best I've ever had. When Will said this was his last base I think he really meant that.
Well. I'm not into dark scents but Leviathan has a cleanliness about it from the sandalwood I guess. I really like it and suspect it'll get even better. I wouldn't fear it, but you have to like leather. The base is easily the best I have. Actually looking forward to Seville in omnibus. I'm buying that right away when he releases it. Damn this is good soap.
Oh, my...
The best base you have?! I take it you have Kaizen, Sierro, Sego, Milksteak and the other big dogs? Or at least one of them? And if so am I understanding correctly that Omni outperforms them "easily"?!

Hmm, I'm certainly tempted. If I disliked Lavanille, would Leviathan be a stretch?
I haven't tried Lavanille, but Leviathan is, in my opinion, a masterpiece along side Noble Otter Monarch, HetV Cognac and Cuban Cigars and SV Felce Aromatica.

I'd be apprehensive to call it universally safe, though. It's more badass smelling than safe. Leviathan is what Chuck Norris's coffee smells like.

Leviathan is one of those scents that I don't reach for often because of the coffee note I smell off the puck, but absolutely love it when I use it and wonder why I don't reach for it more often.
I still get some hints of coffee every now and then. But it's just good coffee and certainly not front and center. I get mostly leather and sandalwood. The coffee comes and goes. Will be a special soap/scent when it gets cold outside. Face is still insanely soft and applying aftershave was not needed.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I still get some hints of coffee every now and then. But it's just good coffee and certainly not front and center. I get mostly leather and sandalwood. The coffee comes and goes. Will be a special soap/scent when it gets cold outside. Face is still insanely soft and applying aftershave was not needed.
You’ve tried Stirling mutton — how does it compare to this B&M base for post-shave?

You’ve tried Stirling mutton — how does it compare to this B&M base for post-shave?
There are definitely some similarities. That unctuous velvety smooth feeling the lather has on your face. It just seems even more pronounced with omnibus. I was taken aback by the post shave most of all- i would have loved this soap anyway if my face felt like a wet rubber ball after the shave. I bought the matching A/S and besides allowing me to enjoy the scent longer it was quite pointless.

Top Bottom