What's new

Barrister and Mann Beaudelaire Is A Masterpiece!

I'd like to modify my earlier comments about this soap base. I've been working with it a bit more and although it's characteristics (light and slick) haven't changed for me, I'm getting really great shaves. Why this is true, I don't know. Maybe someone can help me understand this. So, I'm going to pause my evaluatiion until I give it more time. I'm still sure of the scent, though, just fantastic!

I'd like to modify my earlier comments about this soap base. I've been working with it a bit more and although it's characteristics (light and slick) haven't changed for me, I'm getting really great shaves. Why this is true, I don't know. Maybe someone can help me understand this. So, I'm going to pause my evaluatiion until I give it more time. I'm still sure of the scent, though, just fantastic!
Do you think you might have under hydrated it the first time?

Do you think you might have under hydrated it the first time?
Possible. I increased the water yesterday, and I'm going to bump it more today. I watched a couple videos on it (Ruds included) and apparently the base is not particularly thirsty (that's my experience) and it's supposed to have a wide bandwidth.

Possible. I increased the water yesterday, and I'm going to bump it more today. I watched a couple videos on it (Ruds included) and apparently the base is not particularly thirsty (that's my experience) and it's supposed to have a wide bandwidth.
Will said to add lots of water. Look for his video on westcoastshaving's youtube channel.

I was lucky enough to get a tub of Beaudelaire for Father's day. Had a great shave last night. The scent off the tub didn't strike me as outstanding but I really enjoyed it during the shave and afterward. I used a Razorock BC Plissoft and couldn't tell how much soap was loaded so I added more. Thought I had enough water as the first pass with 3 days growth went pretty good. When I rinsed off after that pass my face felt as slick as oil on glass. I think I could have done the 2nd pass with no additional soap. I wet my face before soaping up for the 2nd pass and was rewarded with dense slick lather. Very rich feeling. No irritation and skin felt good after. Exactly what I was expecting. The Excelsior base is really good.

Top Bottom