What's new

Barrister and Mann Beaudelaire Is A Masterpiece!

I snagged a tub when it was announced. Being in East I must have been a very early bird.
The mailman came calling today.
I haven't shaved with it and just took couple of whiff. To me it smell very much close to Brut and I approve that BUT it also have an earthy dusty and powder note bordering on 'dirt smell'. Something I have never came across before. Am I only one to get this note? Looks like there is going to be some 'aquired taste' with this soap just like Lavannile.
I think that's the Mousse de Saxe note you're smelling.

I get that dirt/earthy note in Lavanille too, so I’m sure it is the MdS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I just finished a night time shave with Beaudelaire soap and aftershave, and I have to say that I think I too have become obsessed with this set. The scent once lathered in the bowl and on the face is ridiculous. The excelsior base is amazing and the new aftershave formula is just awesome.

I really want to try this soap. But living in Asia and having to order several soaps to make the most of shipping... it's not going to happen anytime soon.

I really want to try this soap. But living in Asia and having to order several soaps to make the most of shipping... it's not going to happen anytime soon.
This soap is discontinued and only italian barber have it in stock. IB is not giving it at regular price and there is a premium charge. Yes overseas postage charges are hurting but I am biting the bullet and pretending I am mentally challenged with mathematical calculations :001_302:

This soap is discontinued and only italian barber have it in stock. IB is not giving it at regular price and there is a premium charge. Yes overseas postage charges are hurting but I am biting the bullet and pretending I am mentally challenged with mathematical calculations :001_302:

Did you really have to tell me that IB has it and put that mentally challenged with math reasoning in my head? :001_07:

Be back soon...heading over to IB:302:

Couldn’t find it there...

Last edited:
@chibi
Gentleman, really apologize for being such a halter skelter.
I was thinking Leviathan but posting on Beaudelaire.
Yes I got Beaudelaire from WCS but IB does that, some soaps going unobtainable elsewhere are in stock at IB, there is premium on most of soaps and IB has a very unfriendly shipping charge policy.

@chibi
Gentleman, really apologize for being such a halter skelter.
I was thinking Leviathan but posting on Beaudelaire.
Yes I got Beaudelaire from WCS but IB does that, some soaps going unobtainable elsewhere are in stock at IB, there is premium on most of soaps and IB has a very unfriendly shipping charge policy.

No problem at all. I don’t really need more soap...or do I?:001_huh:

Yous guys just keep ordering this stuff, I want to know it'll be available when I finally run out of my stock of Will's last seasonal house run. I am hoping with the new base and WCS having a sponsorship agreement the product could be around for some time.

Finally back in stock at WCS so I jumped on it. Looking forward to trying it out!
It looks like the WCS free shipping goes away next week, so probably not a bad time to do it.
Although I'll be interested to see if their prices stay the same or go down a little...

I bought a sample and tried it for the first time this morning. The container smell was a little odd and not what I expected, but oh my gosh, once lathered on the face, it was heavenly. I can't actually describe the scent. Some people might consider it polarizing but I don't know. All I can say is that it's complex and sophisticated. The performance surprised me too but not so much in a positive way. It wasn't bad, just not incredible as I expected. I expected a WK or Eufros type quality but I would say it's much closer to a Oleo-type soap that's light and slick. I prefer a dense and cushiony soap. So, I hate to say this but I really prefer B&M's Glisson base. Too bad is headed into the sunset.

Top Bottom