What's new

barber towels...

Yes, I'm very interested and anxious to get some of these towels. I almost ordered some towels from Classicshaving. And my wife is not very happy that I'm marching through our entire towel supply....

I take my WETshaving seriously!

my supplier was having medical problems one week and now she is on a cruise...she will be back this coming monday...i am as anxious as you guys.

I went over there when she wasnt around and her temp help couldn't find it in the catalog...so i have to catch her when she gets back...

sorry for the holdup, but i want 7 myself...

mark the shoeshine boy

Hello Mark,

Thanks for taking the initiative to get this towel project off the ground. When you get a chance, could you post as to who ordered how many towels? Then give us a final price when you are rwady.

Thanks again!

Cheers,
Richard

While surfing the web I came across this barber shop supply house:

http://norvabarbersupply.com/paper_products_neck_strips.php
They offer a dozen blue stripe huck towels for $8.75 or for $14.75 you can pick up a dozen terry/face towels. The huck towels are 15x26, no size is given for the terry towels.
They also have an extensive line of Pinaud and Luck Tiger products.
You can also pick up a barber pole to hang outside your shave den or since it is not possible to shave all day long the second best thing might be to just sit in your own barber chair mounted in front of the TV. Would that be too extreme?

Ron

Hey Ron,

Welcom to B&B.

...second best thing might be to just sit in your own barber chair mounted in front of the TV. Would that be too extreme?

Probably only appropriate if you get a matching set. By the way, cool website that you've linked us to.

i promise that i will persue this towel thing this week....i didn't have anytime to walk away from work this week..

however if you buy a dozen towel from the above link that would be about 15 or 16 bucks total with shipping...let me try and see if my supplier has the right towels...i hope so...

if not then let's persue another route and try to save a buck or two...nonetheless, there is nothing better than a herringbone towel that does not leave the lint on your face when you go to dry off. The closest towel I have bought is a cheap utility towel from wal-mart, but they are smaller in size.

I have been searching for a year now and I may have gotten too excited when my cleaning supplier said that she had them.

I will keep you posted...

mark the shoeshine boy

well the supplier that kept on saying that she had the towels, turned out to be a paper wiper instead of cloth.

I will be persuing this project again this week.

Here is what I do know. The green stripe towels are the heaviest one of the others colors that you will see. red, blue.

Let me get freed from double duty today from work and I will check back into these things.

Forgive me for being so slow, but work has kept me very busy and then some.

mark the shoeshine boy

FYI, on our 120 mile trip to Costco last week, we picked up some Martex hand towels and washcloths. Twelve towels for $13.99 and EIGHTEEN washcloths for $9.99. Washed them in Nancy Boy Lavender Laundry Soap when we got them home.

Thery're wonderful -- incredibly soft and very little lint. Feel good against my face, before, during and after my shave!

4 Stars!!

I'm down for a dozen if somebody buys them.

edit - i might just buy a couple dozen from that retailer if they'll let me. they also have 4 dozen for $24.99 (starting bid). that's a lot for one person, though. I'll split 4 dozen of them with someone, as long as we get the blue striped ones. It'd prob. be about $18 a person for two dozen, including shipping two ways.

yesterday, I wrote a supply house about thier towels, they looked very heavy, but still in the flat herringbone design.

Let me hear from them to day and I will post tonight.

mark tssb

so does anybody want to go in on 4 dozen from that guy? as long as they are the blue stripped heringbones instead of green i'm in!

i've talked to the guy, he has a website too, tableclothworld.com i believe. he's really nice.

im in aswell for 2 dozen.. so I can have spares and use the others as handtowels.

These are used for wiping the face after the shave right? now as hot towels. I never use the hot towel technique simply take a long hot shower.

Top Bottom