What's new

Barbasol Lovers Thread

Which Barbasol shaving cream do you use?

• Original

Votes: 102 54.0%
  • Arctic Chill

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Skin Conditioner

Votes: 20 10.6%
  • Soothing Aloe

Votes: 33 17.5%
  • Sensitive Skin

Votes: 21 11.1%
  • Pacific Rush

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • Mountain Blast

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
I have not tried Gillette Foamy Menthol. I don't think I have seen it. I have been looking for Foamy Lime but have not seen that either. I love Gillette Pure Gel. Very good stuff.
If you go to the Gillette website and send a message asking if Menthol has been discontinued they may, like they did to me, send you 2 coupons for free Fusion5 cream or gel. Walmart has the gel but I'm not even sure if the foam is on the market yet.

If you go to the Gillette website and send a message asking if Menthol has been discontinued they may, like they did to me, send you 2 coupons for free Fusion5 cream or gel. Walmart has the gel but I'm not even sure if the foam is on the market yet.
The Foamy Menthol is available through Walgreen online. I ordered the Foamy Menthol and it is a strange menthol only foam. The Foamy Menthol has an industrial scent. Face chill is quite good. I will not buy again. This is a case where Barbasol is much better.

The Foamy Menthol is available through Walgreen online. I ordered the Foamy Menthol and it is a strange menthol only foam. The Foamy Menthol has an industrial scent. Face chill is quite good. I will not buy again. This is a case where Barbasol is much better.
I like Barbasol Arctic Chill. Noxzema is good too. Bought two cans of Gillette Foamy Lemon/Lime from Amazon. Love the scent. Great for summer.

I would have voted "Original", but the answer isn't what the poll is expecting. I like the old style "cold cream" style Barbasol in a jar or tube, which has been off the market for years but older jars still pop up now and then. Not a daily driver for me, in part because of its scarcity, but now and then I yearn to smell and feel the stuff on my face. It's my go-to when I haven't shaved for two or three days.

I have two late production Pfizer jars of the stuff. When Perio took over they briefly reintroduced it in plastic tubes (it was still metal in my youth), but they only distributed it online or through a handful of Walgreen's locations, so it probably did not sell very well and of course it was re-discontinued. (Amusingly, I wrote to Perio a few months ago asking if they would ever consider reintroducing the original style through the specialty retailers, and got a polite but firm response that Perio, Inc. is not soliciting new ideas. New idea? Faugh. I'm asking for the OLD idea!)

OK, I just ordered the non-aerosol Barbasol sensitive cream (and 5oz of Barbasol Brisk AS) from Walgreens website for $6.08, delivered to a local store. Crazy. Walgreens is a worse enabler than B&B in this case.

Barbasol is a total American experience! Can’t go wrong with it. Many of our fathers and grandfathers used it and basically it works, inexpensive too.

Plussed for tomorrow’s shave. I have a new RazoRock SLOC 2.0 to try as well. The Barbasol BRISK smells just like my barber’s shop - traditional!

C0BD27E1-8FAD-4D26-BEE5-AF028D2E625F.jpeg

Top Bottom