What's new

Barbasol Lovers Thread

Which Barbasol shaving cream do you use?

• Original

Votes: 102 54.0%
  • Arctic Chill

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Skin Conditioner

Votes: 20 10.6%
  • Soothing Aloe

Votes: 33 17.5%
  • Sensitive Skin

Votes: 21 11.1%
  • Pacific Rush

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • Mountain Blast

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
I've become obsessed with Barbasol shaving cream original lately and started using it exclusively. I know around here most see Barbasol as the "better" of the canned goo's but still canned goo. There are lots of threads about Barbasol and the different scents, colors, history etc. but I wanted to put it in one place for people who are looking or interested in trying it and for the people who use it to discuss it. I personally use the original because I enjoy the scent the best, I tried the sensitive but wasn't in love with it.

It would be awesome if anyone else who uses it could chime in with reviews and best places to purchase the types not found in stores. Id even love to hear from others who use it exclusively! (Im sure theres at least one other person)

This is the full shaving cream line up right now for anyone interested
Barbasol-Lineup-stacked.jpg

Just a little backstory- Barbasol has been around officially since 1920 but obviously came in a tube back then. They supplied shaving product to American GI's and the products are still made in the USA.
Overseas_Special_for_members_of_the_Military_supplied_by_Barbasol.jpg

I use the yellow can which is difficult to get in Tampa,Fl. I have a few cans from people who traveled out of state and brought me back some. Barbasol is respected in the DE world of shaving and in my opinion great cream.

I use Barbasol at least 2-3 days/week with a Mach3 and the rest of the week a DE razor and my soaps. The original has a nice scent,but all work equally well.

Frank M.

I use the yellow can which is difficult to get in Tampa,Fl. I have a few cans from people who traveled out of state and brought me back some. Barbasol is respected in the DE world of shaving and in my opinion great cream.

I use Barbasol at least 2-3 days/week with a Mach3 and the rest of the week a DE razor and my soaps. The original has a nice scent,but all work equally well.

Frank M.

I agree they all seem to work the same!

I prefer Original because that's what I used back when I started shaving but I have a can of Extra Moisturizing that's pretty nice too. Not using them exclusively now though.

I enjoy a shave on the road with the original and like it very much. I recently ordered a couple cans of clubman and there's really no comparing as barbasol isn't even close. I love the scent of Barbasol original and use it on the back of my neck between haircuts with a dusting of clubman talc. Awesome on clubman fridays!!

Top Bottom