What's new

Badger Blends: Your Homemade Aftershave Mixes

Tried an experiment with some samples I bought recently. I haven't gotten the proportions perfect yet, but some Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill and some Stirling Barbershop seemed to yield something a little reminiscent of a popular one that rhymes with Schme-schmill lol
Hard to tell through the menthol...

The Bracerita
1 part Skin Bracer
1 part Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic

Smells like a lime popsicle, and very refreshing with the menthol.

Bleedrunner

Contributor
In the summertime I sometimes mix in the Turkish PeReJa 80% vol. Edt (up to 50% depending on the aftershave).
Makes some of the OS, Wilkinson etc. ”supermarket” aftershaves so much nicer and fresher in the hot summer.

Hello,

I am a big fan, like many, of Rod's Stirling Soap and AS Sandalwood. I also like Proraso Red. Stirling's scent is great and Proraso's shea butter is great.

Has anyone tried combining the 2? If so, what ratio?

Thank you,

Joseph

Gotta admit, I read pages 1 - 7 and didn't find anything like my blend. Everyone is blending exotic, alcohol-based elixirs to yield a new scent. I'm doing something a tad different. I've been using Nivea Mens Post Shave Balm for a while. It's like a hand Cream - no alcohol bite. Acquired some Aqua Velva Ice Sport, Gillette Cool Wave, and Pinaud Clubman after shaves - all have the required alcohol bite, but were pretty harshly scented, and according to the Trophy GF, smelled like "Old Man", and made her eyes burn. Can't let that spoil the mood ...
I have several blends that remedied all complaints, I've got sensitive skin, and I like them all:
Shavist Formula #1
2/3 Men's Lubricating Post Shave Balm + 1/3 Gillette Cool Wave Aftershave

Shavist Formula #2
2/3 Dermasil Original Formula + 1/3 Aqua Velva Ice Sport

Shavist Mini Cooper JCW Clubman Formula X
2/3 Men's Lubricating Post Shave Balm + Pinaud Clubman

Shavist Mini Cooper JCW Clubman Formula Z
2/3 Dermasil Original Formula + Pinaud Clubman

The basic formula is 2/3 by volume a face balm or hand cream plus 1/3 by volume the alcohol-based stinkum of your choice.
I have some Georgio VIP After Shave my Dad once gave me. Mom made him use it outdoors & wouldn't let him wear it around the house, and she put up with his Brut. It smells great, but can clear a room.

Once I get an order of 20 ml bottles delivered, I'll do the mix using it. It'll be called Shavist Special Reserve and I haven't decided on the choice of Dermasil or The other stuff just yet.

Last edited:

FarmerTan

George Bailey Fanboy
Gotta admit, I read pages 1 - 7 and didn't find anything like my blend. Everyone is blending exotic, alcohol-based elixirs to yield a new scent. I'm doing something a tad different. I've been using Nivea Mens Post Shave Balm for a while. It's like a hand Cream - no alcohol bite. Acquired some Aqua Velva Ice Sport, Gillette Cool Wave, and Pinaud Clubman after shaves - all have the required alcohol bite, but were pretty harshly scented, and according to the Trophy GF, smelled like "Old Man", and made her eyes burn. Can't let that spoil the mood ...
I have several blends that remedied all complaints, I've got sensitive skin, and I like them all:
Shavist Formula #1
2/3 Men's Lubricating Post Shave Balm + 1/3 Gillette Cool Wave Aftershave

Shavist Formula #2
2/3 Dermasil Original Formula + 1/3 Aqua Velva Ice Sport

Shavist Mini Cooper JCW Clubman Formula X
2/3 Men's Lubricating Post Shave Balm + Pinaud Clubman

Shavist Mini Cooper JCW Clubman Formula Z
2/3 Dermasil Original Formula + Pinaud Clubman

The basic formula is 2/3 by volume a face balm or hand cream plus 1/3 by volume the alcohol-based stinkum of your choice.
I have some Georgio VIP After Shave my Dad once gave me. Mom made him use it outdoors & wouldn't let him wear it around the house, and she put up with his Brut. It smells great, but can clear a room.

Once I get an order of 20 ml bottles delivered, I'll do the mix using it. It'll be called Shavist Special Reserve and I haven't decided on the choice of Dermasil or The other stuff just yet.
Sounds smart.