What's new
  • Welcome back Guest!
    If you have been away from our site you may have to request a new password. Simply click on the link for "lost" password in the log in page.
    Thank you.
    The BST is now open, please note the changes in our guidelines to address the recent fraudulent activity. Ensure you read the guidelines prior to creating a sale thread in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum with special attention to the new photo and payment requirements.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Badger Blends: Your Homemade Aftershave Mixes

I have some aftershaves that I like but leave the surface of my face feeling tacky afterwards. Is there anything I can do to circumvent this?
Care to name any names? Could excess glycerin be a culprit?

Upping the proof seems like a possibility. For my skin, I typically use straight ethanol (y'know, Everclear) when I want more alky in a blend, rather than isopropyl (90 or 99% can be found). I save the rubbing alcohol for drying and disinfecting purposes.

Care to name any names? Could excess glycerin be a culprit?

Upping the proof seems like a possibility. For my skin, I typically use straight ethanol (y'know, Everclear) when I want more alky in a blend, rather than isopropyl (90 or 99% can be found). I save the rubbing alcohol for drying and disinfecting purposes.
Mostly they come from smaller Artisans. Here’s one I love, but the tackiness of my skin turns me off.
B9F3E31D-E720-4DF1-966F-CEF1E2FF1437.jpeg AE904091-ECEF-45B0-9AA3-6D300BD6BF2D.jpeg

Mostly they come from smaller Artisans. Here’s one I love, but the tackiness of my skin turns me off.
View attachment 1280198 View attachment 1280199
Glycerin number two on the list. Olive oil!

Little ol' artisan me, I would back down the glycerin and remove the olives. I'm not sure ethanol would do much to counteract olive oil, might be better just to have a short snort of Laphroaig to dull the sensation and add a peaty note to your aura.

If you don't 'shake well', maybe the olive oil would float to the top and you could pour some off. Might take some of the essential oils with it, though. Pesky olives! I pick 'em off my pizza.

Glycerin number two on the list. Olive oil!

Little ol' artisan me, I would back down the glycerin and remove the olives. I'm not sure ethanol would do much to counteract olive oil, might be better just to have a short snort of Laphroaig to dull the sensation and add a peaty note to your aura.

If you don't 'shake well', maybe the olive oil would float to the top and you could pour some off. Might take some of the essential oils with it, though. Pesky olives! I pick 'em off my pizza.
Now that you mention it, I think it must be the olive oil. Like I said, the ones that leave me tacky are usually from small artisans that are trying to be natural and healthy. I’m pretty sure olive oil is the common denominator ingredient. Perhaps its better for people with really dry flakey skin.

Great idea! Great name!

I will follow this promising new lead. Lacking Avon Island Lime (AIL) I probably use some Booster Iced Lime (BIL) in that spot.
Alphabetically close. :punk:

Definitive testing may require a return to warmer weather in the presently cool and rainy Pacific Northwest. But I'll get it on my face today - haven't shaved yet.

To the laboratory! :badger:
No kidding! This seems to be the coldest June in the Portland metropolitan area to my recollection in the 10 years I've lived here!

Top Bottom