What's new

Back to the Russian Blue Gillette 7 O'Clocks--Ahhhhhh....

Well, as I am wrapping up a large sampler pack I received last July, I decided to try one more variation on how I go through it. I have been using each different blade for a full week; changing the blade on Sunday morning and cleaning the EJ DE89l. Each blade in the pack has been up to the 7-day task.

I have determined that from the large assortment of blades, Gillette 7 O'Clock Russian Blues and Astra SP's are my favorites. I like the SuperMax Platinums, but had a dud blade in the pack. The Feathers had the hardest time making the full week.

I decided to go through about 8 weeks of using the blades I didn't care for as much, and then go back to my favorites. So, after many weeks of SuperMax Stainless, BlueBirds, Trig's, Treets, etc., I loaded up a Gillette Blue last Sunday and lathered up. Wow. It made me realize the difference between that blade and the others. Unlike many others on the forum, I don't have hate for any blades-they all work, and the comfort level is up to me, not the blade. That Russian Blue Gillette was really sweet though and has confirmed my belief that it works best FOR ME in the DE89L. YMMV.

The purpose of the sampler at the start of my DE journey was to find a blade that I really like so I can buy in bulk. I think I'll load up on the Russian Blue's and maybe buy a smaller amount of Astra SP's.

Cheers!

Do you have a pic or link of the Russian blue? I *think* I know which ones your talking about. Is it the one they sell at WCS? I love the G7blues also.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
I'm the same way, but with the Gillette Blacks. Frankly, though I can't tell the difference between blue/black. But I like them so much in my EJ DE89 with BRW handle, I do not use anything else.

Why would I? It would just be something less than ideal. I never got the whole 'rotation' thing.

I never got the whole 'rotation' thing.

I rotate my favorite blades, PLUS I try to rotate a different blade I've never used once a week...why? Becuase you may never know what the next best blade may be! I've tried several blades based upon recommendations, and some by accident and have found my favorite blades that way.

That being said, the blues and or blacks are some fine blades!!

Top Bottom