What's new

Back to Basics

I’ve been posting quite a bit in the Old Fogies workout thread lately about my decision to get healthier.

Yesterday, I started a personal challenge to do nothing but perfect push-ups. No cheating, no “I’m tired and half reps are good enough”. Using push-up handles and holding a perfect plank I’m able to almost touch my nose to the ground for a whole 10 reps (sarcasm directed at myself).

But I’m going to keep at it because I just watched another driver exit his truck and walk his bills to the traffic office as if his everything hurt so much he couldn’t hardly walk.

My efforts so far are somewhat laughable compared to some of the others posting in the workout thread but I’m hanging in there.

(Down 12lbs in 4? Weeks)

We started the carnivore diet a week ago. We also found a farm locally that sells duck eggs, 100% grass fed beef, and raw milk products (including cheese and butter).

This morning, I had a duck egg, raw cheese curd, raw milk, and sausage “muffin” along with a few swallows of raw milk.

Protein powder and half and half in my coffee.

IMG_6881.jpeg

Cleaned up the Yates to bring it out of semiretirement (I’ve apparently lost my Nodachi, at a truckstop shower I’m guessing).

New hobby incoming:

IMG_6882.jpeg

Sorry to read about the lost Nodachi. That had to hurt a little.

Yes it did. I wasn’t going to replace it until I came here and started reading all the comments from the enablers 😂 I’m looking at (maybe) a RazoRock Hawk v3, a Yaqi Final Cut, Parker Variant OC or a Yates M OC plate and Yates handle for my razor. I don’t really like the Yaqi handle that came with it.

Less than three hours of sleep today. Got home going on 0600.

Perusing the ’bay over coffee, I got to daydreaming about my next razor purchase only to have my bubble burst by our budget goals.

We just paid off our last credit card, don’t currently have a vehicle payment and are wanting to set aside six months worth of household operating expenses. After that, I think we’re going to start making big mortgage payments (double or triple).

Bottom line; my shaving budget has been effectively zeroed out.

I need to look at what I can sell/trade 🤓🤬😜

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I know it means you might not be scratching a phantom itch for a while, but it sounds like your finances are moving in the right direction and that’s squeakin’ awesome!

In the meantime, you could always do what I do and look at toys in people’s journals and drive yourself insane. IRL, my last brush is the only brush I really need, but I’m gawking at rare jewels of brushes in everypony’s journal with pangs of “zOMG! I need that!”

Less than three hours of sleep today. Got home going on 0600.

Perusing the ’bay over coffee, I got to daydreaming about my next razor purchase only to have my bubble burst by our budget goals.

We just paid off our last credit card, don’t currently have a vehicle payment and are wanting to set aside six months worth of household operating expenses. After that, I think we’re going to start making big mortgage payments (double or triple).

Bottom line; my shaving budget has been effectively zeroed out.

I need to look at what I can sell/trade 🤓🤬😜
Congrats on getting the budget in line. Those razors will be there when the time comes.

I know it means you might not be scratching a phantom itch for a while, but it sounds like your finances are moving in the right direction and that’s squeakin’ awesome!

In the meantime, you could always do what I do and look at toys in people’s journals and drive yourself insane. IRL, my last brush is the only brush I really need, but I’m gawking at rare jewels of brushes in everypony’s journal with pangs of “zOMG! I need that!”
That is one of the cruel twists of fate when joining a GRUME, you have to look at everyone else's stuff you can't buy. The end of the month comes all that pent-up frustration comes to a head and BAMMMM, 30 soaps show up on your doorstep. It could happen, it happened to me.

Two things:

First: after searching high and low I found my Nodachi. (Now for a few consecutive shaves to see if I can’t part with it or if it’s going to the BST)

Second: my son-in-law gave me a no name knockoff of a Gillette Tech. It’s coated in some sort of black paint? maybe and has a weird handle but I said what the heck, I’ll shave with it at least once.
Imagine my surprise when it gave me a nice 2 pass DFS. I didn’t chase a BBS because I didn’t want to tear my face up with an unknown razor. As soon as I get back home, I’ll post a couple of pics of it.

Top Bottom