What's new

B & B Member Boaz and the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow

Hi all just to let you know our fellow member Boaz will be on duty at the Commonwealth Games in July / August in Glasgow Scotland

He is tasked to help keep everyone safe - and making sure everyone gets to where they want to be

So if any B & B member is either entering the Commonwealth games or watching / Supporting their country be sure to Give Boaz a friendly wave and say hello!

He was also on duty at the Olympic Games in London in 2012 and did a sterling job there! :thumbup:

We should all be proud if him and the service he provides!!
proxy.php

Hi Mountainsea, thanks very much for the kind words.

Glasgow is gearing up for this great sporting event which I am very proud and happy to be a part of, I hope it is every bit as interesting and exciting as it was when I was in London. I am in the Traffic Police tasked with Policing the Games Route Network to try and ensure Athletes and visitors get to the correct location at the right time and to help anyone who requires it.

If any one is interested I will try and update during the games with some pictures and commentary.

Thank you

Congrats! It is nice to see members recognized for being at the top of their profession. Good luck and have fun.

Hi Mountainsea, thanks very much for the kind words.

Glasgow is gearing up for this great sporting event which I am very proud and happy to be a part of, I hope it is every bit as interesting and exciting as it was when I was in London. I am in the Traffic Police tasked with Policing the Games Route Network to try and ensure Athletes and visitors get to the correct location at the right time and to help anyone who requires it.

If any one is interested I will try and update during the games with some pictures and commentary.

Thank you

So, let me see if I understand this correctly. Being a nobody in the US who might want to travel to Glasgow, thus further reducing my nobody status, if I'm trying to get from point A to point B via the most direct route, there's a good chance that you might be the one ($O*) to tell me to go in a direction that I don't want to go. Got it!

Good luck in your endeavors. If my comments are the worst you have to face then I would count your experience a wonderful success. I promise that I won't show up to harass you in person. Thanks for keeping everyone safe and be thankful that you're not in Brazil at the moment.

Congrats! It is nice to see members recognized for being at the top of their profession. Good luck and have fun.

Cheers, hopefully will have some fun!

Nice! Stay safe and have fun, Billy!

Thanks Edgar :thumbup:

So, let me see if I understand this correctly. Being a nobody in the US who might want to travel to Glasgow, thus further reducing my nobody status, if I'm trying to get from point A to point B via the most direct route, there's a good chance that you might be the one ($O*) to tell me to go in a direction that I don't want to go. Got it!

Good luck in your endeavors. If my comments are the worst you have to face then I would count your experience a wonderful success. I promise that I won't show up to harass you in person. Thanks for keeping everyone safe and be thankful that you're not in Brazil at the moment.

I don't discriminate, if your a nobody from Glasgow you will be treated equally as well as nobody from the US :001_smile

Hopefully my gig will be better than Brazil!!

Sounds pretty cool to be part of such an event and i bet it keeps the job very interesting and yes, update us with photos. Especialy if you meet some of the athletes.
I work at the Velodrome in Manchester and I get to see the events and meet lots of interesting people from around the globe but not on such as scale as yourself.
Do you have any interesting anecdotes from London?
Cheers

Sounds pretty cool to be part of such an event and i bet it keeps the job very interesting and yes, update us with photos. Especialy if you meet some of the athletes.
I work at the Velodrome in Manchester and I get to see the events and meet lots of interesting people from around the globe but not on such as scale as yourself.
Do you have any interesting anecdotes from London?
Cheers

Cheers Chris, London was brilliant I was down for 10 days covering the Hyde Park/Park Lane areas and spent the day at the Olympic Park for the final events on the last Saturday of the games when Usain Bolt and Mo Farrah won their second medals. The atmosphere was electric, with tons of folk wanting pictures and plenty of cops doing the Mo-bot :thumbup:

One of the funny thing was patrolling round the Park Lane area I happened on the Playboy Club and was getting a picture taken outside when one of the Doormen started chatting he was very nice and offered to go and get some of the Girls from inside to come out and have there picture taken with us, I very politely refused, didn't want to get involved with a Bunny Girl :001_wub:

All in all a great time was had by all and when I came back Mrs B wondered if I had been to Spain or somewhere as the weather had been so nice I had taken a lovely tan.

I got a few nice pictures, met some great people and have some wonderful memories of an event that probably won't happen again in my lifetime.

Here is a wee picture of the Olympic Velodrome to compare to yours :001_smile

proxy.php
[/URL]

Sounds legendry Billy. You should have had a cheeky pic with one of the girls though ha, saying that I probly would have to refuse too for fear of the mrs getting the info out of me ha.

The velodrome there looks great, an impressive track to ride.

Top Bottom