What's new

B&B Group Buy for Japanese knives!**CLOSED**

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Usually when I like things I'm quick in. This time around I like things . . . .and . . . you just have to see the stuff on the web sites of the two folk involved here . . . I was drawn to everything. I have nothing yet in carbon steel . . . and there were many options. To make a long story short I've decided on the kochi as this is the type of knife I use most day to day, and it has a story, and I look forward to developing my own unique patina.

Take care.

Mike

Thanks for offering these knifes again. I never did buy a Chinese Cleaver, so the Nakiri is on my to-do-list to purchase tomorrow night. Even though the Kochi is tempting...

so, this is what the orders are looking like so far... just a couple more days to go:

Kanemasa 150mm Petty
kanemasa 150mm petty
Kanemasa 210mm Gyuto
Kanemasa 210mm Gyuto
Kanemasa 240mm Gytuo
Kanemasa 240mm Gyuto
Kanemasa 240mm Gyuto
Kochi 210mm Kurouchi Wa-Gyuto
Yoshihiro 165mm SKD Nakiri
Yoshihiro 300mm Yanagiba

When does the ordering window close - Tonight? or tomorrow at some point?

Just want to know when to make the final decision; I only just came across this group buy today.

Also, I am guessing there is no custom handle swapping in this buy? (since I didn't see anything about that listed in this thread)

I'm looking at picking up the Yoshihiro 165mm SKD Nakiri, Kanemasa 150mm Petty, Kochi 210mm Kurouchi Wa-Gyuto and maybe Yoshihiro 270mm (or 300mm) Yanagiba.

Last edited:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Invoice received ... payment sent ... now, to try that whole "patience" thing.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

Just want to know when to make the final decision; I only just came across this group buy today.

Also, I am guessing there is no custom handle swapping in this buy? (since I didn't see anything about that listed in this thread)

I'm looking at picking up the Yoshihiro 165mm SKD Nakiri, Kanemasa 150mm Petty, Kochi 210mm Kurouchi Wa-Gyuto and maybe Yoshihiro 270mm (or 300mm) Yanagiba.

I would suggest sending Jon an e-mail on both questions (deadline and handles) and see what he says.

I would drop an email to Jon, I am sure he will help you sort it out, just get your foot in the door as they say.

Jon might be able to hook you up with some factory upgrades or other types of customs but if not I should be able to help here in one way or another.

Thanks Dave!

I sent Jon an email asking if he could get the following knives -all- done in a burnt chestnut octagonal handle (and sayas as well):

Kanemasa 150mm Petty
Kanemasa 240mm AUS10 Western Gyutos
Yoshihiro 300mm Yanagiba

If he is unable to have those done by the maker do you think would you be able to do those?

Great to hear back from you Jon - I certainly understand! Looking forward to your follow up whenever you get a chance.

Also, just saw that you are located in Venice! I live on Centinela off Palms - hello neighbor!

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help at all throughout this process - I'll be glad to lend a hand!

Thanks Dave!

I sent Jon an email asking if he could get the following knives -all- done in a burnt chestnut octagonal handle (and sayas as well):

Kanemasa 150mm Petty
Kanemasa 240mm AUS10 Western Gyutos
Yoshihiro 300mm Yanagiba

If he is unable to have those done by the maker do you think would you be able to do those?

I'm hoping that Jon can get this hooked up for you as that'd be the best solution I believe. Let's wait and see what happens.

Dave - Agreed.

I took a bit more time to look over the wealth of info provided here on B&B as well as Jons site and sent him a rather different follow-up request; which, if he ends up being able to finagle what I've posed I'll be on cloud nine in seventh heaven.

Top Bottom