What's new

Knife and Edged Tools Acquisions

Legion

Staff member
Is the pink one an annual special or something out of the regular catalog?
My daughter would love that. I've already bought her the regular pink Companion model, that is put away in a bugout bag until she is old enough to use it.

Edit: Aww. Looks like it is a Blade HQ exclusive. Shipping price rules that out for me.

Last edited:

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Is the pink one an annual special or something out of the regular catalog?

My daughter would love that. I've already bought her the regular pink Companion model, that is put away in a bugout bag until she is old enough to use it.

Edit: Aww. Looks like it is a Blade HQ exclusive. Shipping price rules that out for me.
Yeah, it's part of Blade HQ's Dessert Warrior series. I don't know why it amuses me so much.

Anyway, got my fourth Mora today, the Classic 1/0.

IMG_20240424_223146115.jpg

It's a bit smaller than I expected, but I like it. Here it is with the Classic 2.

IMG_20240424_223214273.jpg

北海王大陸 North Sea King Continent ????

A Chef Tony Rock and Chop?? I would have half a guess you held it vertical and stabbed a king crab then rocked rolled the blade through, but i'm an expert in all things, like :D

I mostly like small folders but have acquired a couple of automatics recently. This is a Microtech Troodon Mini. I removed the glass breaker and clip and put a short screw on the threaded hole. So far it seems good. Nice sharp blade. Fast action. Well made although you pay a price premium for that.
The blade is 1.9 inches long, making it legal to own in California. Hmmmm. Expensive though.

Ah, an "edge" thread/ how nice.

My most recent discovery is the Ochsenkopf brand of axes ... I got myself a wonderful splitting axe, the Ochsenkopf "Spalt Fix", with ash handle, 2,5 kg head. No nonsense with this bad boy. I'll try to post a pic later.
I am very tempted to get an Ochsenkopf "Itlis" too, very nice felling and general purpose axe, 70 cm handle.

An inspiration in this regard is the Youtuber Ben Scott -- a real axe-expert, who obviously knows a lot and has a lot of relevant axe experience. It's interesting to see a guy like him on Youtube, he really stands out in contrast to so many wanna-be's.

My favourite axe to date however (among those I own), is Gränsfors' "hunting axe".
It's a great "general purpose" axe. light enough to carry on trips, longer handle (I think some 50 cm), more axe than a mere hatchet.
It comes very sharp, it's the only axe I have actually cut myself on just by gracing my finger on the edge. Head shape is very narrow, designed for "cutting", It'll make short work of anything coming in its way...!

A 240 Takohiki. Looking forward to some Tako Su.

Also this really nice hefty Simon Maillet kiridashi
Specs :

- Blade length : 185mm
- Blade height at the shinogi : 25mm
- Hagane : 135Cr3
- Jigane : vintage wrought iron
- Weight : 145gr
- Finish : Black kurouchi with stone polished bevel

- Hardness : ≥ 65HRC

IMG_1727.jpeg

Top Bottom