What's new

B&B Brush of the Year?

What happened to the annual Badger & Blade brushes? Not being done anymore?

I think 2016 was the last year that I bought a brush.

proxy.php

There have been some group buys, but no, haven’t seen an official B&B brush lately.

+1! I got in on the B&B group buy from Rudy Vey last year: great brush!

I also agree that an ‘official’ B&B brush (labeled as such) would be an excellent idea! :a14::a14:

Everyone seemed to rave about that B&B boar but I never knew why. Then again, I never tried one.

Some members get excited about the idea but once the execution occurs, grumbling, bumbling, and stumbling tend to take over from the members waiting. There is a lot of work that goes into choosing the artisan, sourcing, arranging and collecting payments, while keeping up excitement, providing info, and then eventually dealing with those who badmouth the finished product.

If you see a group buy, jump in as quick as you can-its worth it.

marty

I believe the 10th anniversary B&B brush is still available from West Coast Shaving. I think it's an outstanding brush for the money. And looks good too.

ATT_bowl.JPG

I picked one of the 10th anniversary brushes up in April. It's really nice, and comfy in the hand. My only quibble would be that I would prefer silver sparkles in the resin to gold, as almost all of my razors are nickel/SS/silver.

This is not the same knot. It is supposed to be a higher quality premium knot than what they normally use in their brushes. That's why the price is a bit higher. The knot is not the same size either.
Yes, I went to the site and saw that they are claiming a higher quality knot. I measure 24mm X 55mm on my B&B, for what that is worth.

My B&B knot measures 22mm x 54mm.
That's odd. My measuring technique agrees with the manufacturer's specks on my Omega 10104 and S10108. If I really squeeze the calipers on the B&B I can get down to 23mm, but if I use the same pressure as on the larger brushes it's 24mm.

EDIT; I should add that I'm not doubting your measurement, but find it odd that our brushes would differ.

Last edited:
That's odd. My measuring technique agrees with the manufacturer's specks on my Omega 10104 and S10108. If I really squeeze the calipers on the B&B I can get down to 23mm, but if I use the same pressure as on the larger brushes it's 24mm.
EDIT; I should add that I'm not doubting your measurement, but find it odd that our brushes would differ.

Is your B&B brush the 10th anniversary edition?

Top Bottom