What's new

Aussie Pass-around box

Status
Not open for further replies.
More new experiences for me tonight.

US New SC // Kai // La Toja // Proraso Aloe & Vitamin E

First time with a Kai blade and I'm super impressed. Very sharp. After 3.5 passes, not a skerrick of irritation. Thanks to whoever donated those.

Also my first run with La Toja. The scent was great and I was impressed with the staying power of the lather. I could have gone five passes if I wanted. I think I'll buy some of this stuff in the future.

Lastly, I'd never tried the Proraso balm before. I'm definitely a alcohol AS kind of guy and I can't see that changing, but the Proraso was fantastic. I'm not completely down with the scent (although it's not offensive) but it is highly soothing. Interestingly, the balm absorbs completely into the skin unlike other balms I've tried.

All up, a very nice Sunday evening shave.

:thumbup1:

And the pass-around box gets its first enable point! :lol:

US New SC // Personna Red // Speick // Speick

Although I've used Personna Reds before, it's been a while. They're how I remember them - a solid performer but there are other blades I prefer.

Speick cream I've been dying to try for ages but I was disappointed with it. I'm not sure why exactly as the lather was very thick and it seemed to be quite protective. The scent isn't for me though. It smells like stale beer. Anyone else get that vibe?

Finished off with Speick balm. Not a fan at all. It's too sticky and again, the scent isn't doing it for me.

But despite all that, 3.5 passes got me very close with no nicks, weepers or irritation. So I can't be too unhappy, right?

English New LC // US Personna // Godrej // Lilac Vegetal

I could easily shave with a US Personna blade for the rest of my life. They are ideal. I've tried a few types of Personna but I believe that was my first go with the US blue packet.

The Godrej cream was great. Scent is right on and the lather was good and long lasting. Unfortunately, there isn't a great deal left in the tube but I reckon at least a few of you guys will be able to have a try with it.

Finished off with the Veg. It reinforced my preference for alcohol-based AS over balms.

Just received my long due Fine Platinum aftershave in the mail and now I'm stuck deciding whether to keep it till the box comes around or sell it :/

Indeed.

Loving the Astra Stainless that I found in the box. I'd written these blades off early in my wet shaving odyssey but I'm really enjoying them now that I've gotten my technique down pat.

On the subject of blades, I've thrown in some boxes of Big Ben, Lord Super, Trig, Treet Carbon and Crown. Please just take these. No need to swap for anything. Let me know how you find them.

Alrighty chaps, I've handed on the goods to boldsworth. It was a lot of fun being involved in the pass around.

Highlights:

SuperMax Ultimate cream
La Toja cream
Astra Stainless
SuperMax Super Stainless

Alrighty chaps, I've handed on the goods to boldsworth. It was a lot of fun being involved in the pass around.

Highlights:

SuperMax Ultimate cream
La Toja cream
Astra Stainless
SuperMax Super Stainless

Hope you enjoyed the pass-around box, looking forward to some reviews from Boldsworth :thumbsup:

Well I must say i am amazed by the contents of this box. You guys are in for a treat. It was hard to know where to start with so many surprises and things i've never used before.
Thanks to khun-diddy for the handover and thanks to the gents so far for organizing, setting up and adding to the box. I've just got back from a shave-free long weekend so looking forward to selecting some delux goodies for tonight.
I'll post a couple of pics of some of the interesting things i've used so far.
Thanks again to all. :thumbup1::thumbup1:

$IMG_20140927_234109_280.jpg
First shave from the box included La Toja cream, shark blade and finished with Proraso balm.
$IMG_20140930_232345_052.jpg
Second was Musco Real cream, Royal Copenhagen Musk aftershave and Gillette Guard disposable.
I decided to try the Gillette Guard just for a laugh and for the fact that i have never used nor seen a cartridge quite like this. Since i started using safety razors i haven't even thought about cartridges but i'm glad i tried this. Thank you to whoever put them in the box and I would recommend the you all give one a crack.
It was interesting. The feel in the hand was obviously so different to what i have recently become accustomed, light and almost flimsy but comfortable. It is a single blade pivoting head with grooves that almost make it like an open comb. As soon as i started i could tell it would almost be impossible to cause harm with this razor so all good technique went out the window. The haphazard and somewhat reckless shaving habits i used to exhibit came rushing back hahaha. Another surprise was that it didn't get clogged.
I must say the blade sliced through the whiskers with ease and the result was an ultra smooth face in 2 passes. Surprisingly i loved it, so much so that i went again the next day with the same result.
Thanks again for the experience. This is the magic of the box

Glad to see you are enjoying the pass-around box Boldsworth, glad to hear the Gillette Guard worked well :thumbsup:

Still enjoying the pass-around box Boldsworth?
Sadly i have just completed my last shave before bidding the box farewell. It has been a real pleasure and thanks again to all involved so far. I look forward to round #2.
I have a few more photos to post of some of the combos i used. So many awesome soaps, creams, blades, balms, etc.
:shaving:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom