What's new

August is Mild/Medium Efficiency Razors Month

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Date:21.08.2022
Focused participations:21/31 Days in GRUME (64.52% completed, somewhat in)
231/233 in 365 days of shaving (99.11%)
Other participations:Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
High Efficiency Razors Summer
Mild to Medium August
All Aventus August
Razor:Gillette EFB Tech
Blade:Personna Platinum (1) - Israeli
Brush:Razorock Plissoft 400
Soap:TGS Re Nero
Bowl:Proraso Green
Preshave:Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Postshave:Floïd’s The Genuine (A/S)
Nivea Sensitive (Balm)
Passes:WTG (NE-SW) | Gillette Slant
ATG (N-S) | Alternating Gillette Slant
Touch up pass: XTG (W-E) | Slightly Gillette Slant
Efficiency:8/10 (20 minutes)
Quality:8/10 (Weeper above the lip)
Comfort:10/10 (Superb)
Effectiveness:9/10 (BBS)

All in all marvellous shave! Thanks David @never-stop-learning for the blade recommendation! These will go on the to buy list! And very curious about the performance of other Personna’s as well now.

Notes to today’s shave can be found here:A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11895872
You are most welcome, my friend. :)

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Been hanging out in the High Efficiency camp most of the month. Today's shave definitely is the Mild/Medium category!

This is the English Spiral Tech. Super smooth and mild. This is a later model with the set-in Gillette logo in the cap. Its got an interesting Aluminum handle. Not a glamorous razor, but it sure does get the job done. The KCG blade (1) is an excellent match for this razor.

2022-08-21 06.50.16.jpg

Razor: Feather AS-D2 (17)
Blade: Pol-Silver Super Iridium (2)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush- 26mm
Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Lather: Stirling Soap Co Naked & Smooth
Aftershave: Cold water rinse; Thayer’s Witch Hazel Aloe Vera Coconut; Stirling Sandalwood Post Shave Balm

No nicks; No irritation; Close; Very Smooth. A pleasant DFS+ shave.

Shave Log Summary 20220820

Cheers!!!

Date:23.08.2022
Focused participations:23/31 Days in GRUME (out at 64.52%)
233/235 in 365 days of shaving (99.11%)
Other participations:Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
High Efficiency Razors Summer
Mild to Medium August
All Aventus August
Razor:Gillette EFBT
Blade:Personna Israeli (2)
Brush:Blue Aluminum Synthetic
Soap:Dutchy Bergamot
Bowl:Face lather
Preshave:Cold splash
Proraso Green preshave
Postshave:Proraso Green (A/S)
Proraso Green (Balm)
Passes:WTG (NE-SW) | Gillette Slant
XTG (W-E) | Slightly Gillette Slant
ATG (N-S) | Alternating Gillette Slant
Efficiency:9.5/10 (little over 15 minutes)
Quality:9/10 (Tiny weeper)
Comfort:10/10 (Superb)
Effectiveness:9/10 (BBS)
Notes:
After yesterday’s shave the mild and loveable Tech showed its capabilities for a three pass excellent finish.

Link for today’s shave: A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11898578

Razor: Feather AS-D2 (18)
Blade: Pol-Silver Super Iridium (3)
Aftershave: Cold water rinse; Thayer’s Witch Hazel Aloe Vera Coconut; Stirling Sandalwood Post Shave Balm

No nicks; No irritation; Close; Very Smooth. A pleasant DFS+ shave. Lots of buffing to achieve the the post shave smoothness.

Shave Log Summary 20220822

Cheers!!!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Mild/Medium Efficiency August 2022
20220823_135406~2.jpg

Razor: Gillette England Tech/NEW Hybrid (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Personna Israeli Platinum Red (2)
Brush: Simpson Tulip T3 in Super
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Cyril R. Salter Indian Sandalwood
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Fragrance: Cuba Orange EdT Spray
20220823_135607~2.jpg

A superb, and very pleasurable, top tier shave! :cool:

Notes from today's shave: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11899552

First full day back home in reality (snif). Turns out both the wife & I caught COVID-19, her a hell of a lot worse than me. So, I'm helping her as much as I can with all 4 kids around. Without getting into detail, the only luxury I let myself have today was a nice shower & shave before bed, and WOW, was this a good one!

Used the homemade Himalayan salt scrub last night, so didn't want to risk irritation by using it again.
Pre shave wash with Harry's Shiso soap
Merkur Futur adjustable razor, set to 3, right smack in the middle of urges range
Wilkinson Sword blade (2nd use)
Usual suspects (Naked Armor Stainless Steel scuttle, Perfecto badger brush)
Proraso sensitive skin pre shave, shave cream, & sandalwood & shae butter aftershave
Used 3 passes: WTG, ATG, XTG- letting the razor's mass do as much of the work as possible

9.5/10: Damn near perfect shave! No irritation whatsoever afterwards. And my wife appreciated how smooth my skin felt, even if she's too congested to comment on the smell of the aftershave. I maintain that, overall, my 2 Techs are my favourite razors. But I'd forgotten how nice a job the Futur does, especially when you just let its significant weight do most of the work.

First full day back home in reality (snif). Turns out both the wife & I caught COVID-19, her a hell of a lot worse than me. So, I'm helping her as much as I can with all 4 kids around. Without getting into detail, the only luxury I let myself have today was a nice shower & shave before bed, and WOW, was this a good one!

Used the homemade Himalayan salt scrub last night, so didn't want to risk irritation by using it again.
Pre shave wash with Harry's Shiso soap
Merkur Futur adjustable razor, set to 3, right smack in the middle of urges range
Wilkinson Sword blade (2nd use)
Usual suspects (Naked Armor Stainless Steel scuttle, Perfecto badger brush)
Proraso sensitive skin pre shave, shave cream, & sandalwood & shae butter aftershave
Used 3 passes: WTG, ATG, XTG- letting the razor's mass do as much of the work as possible

9.5/10: Damn near perfect shave! No irritation whatsoever afterwards. And my wife appreciated how smooth my skin felt, even if she's too congested to comment on the smell of the aftershave. I maintain that, overall, my 2 Techs are my favourite razors. But I'd forgotten how nice a job the Futur does, especially when you just let its significant weight do most of the work.
Take care man. Hope it will be quickly a thing of the past for you and your loved ones.

Guido

Razor: Feather AS-D2 (19)
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (1)

No nicks; No irritation; Close; Very Smooth. A pleasant DFS+ shave. The tub of Naked & Smooth was 3017’ed. Very little blade feel during the shave. Post shave feel excellent.

Cheers!!!

Razor: Feather AS-D2 (20)
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (2)
Lather: Stirling Soap Co Unscented With Beeswax

No nicks; No irritation; Close; Very Smooth. A pleasant DFS+ shave. Similar outcome to the first shave on this blade even though there is a change in lather.

Cheers!!!

Razor: Gillette 1940’s Fat Handle Tech Triangle US (21)
Blade: Personna Med Prep (1)
Lather: Stirling Soap Co Unscented With Beeswax
Aftershave: Cool water rinse; Thayer’s Witch Hazel Aloe Vera Coconut; Stirling Sandalwood Post Shave Balm

No nicks; No irritation; Close and Very Smooth. A pleasant DFS+ shave. On target.

Cheers!!!

Top Bottom