-Henson medium razor
-Feather blade (1st)
-Sawdust creations brush 26mm shoat boar
-Capt choice copper bowl

-PAA Ice cube
-345 Soap Co. General Patton soap
-345 Soap Co. General Patton splash
-345 Soap Co. General Patton solid cologne

This was a fantastic shave. The scent on this set was amazing. Warm but comfortable scent. Very masculine. My wife loves it.

The razor and blade combo was very mild but effective. Bbs with 3 passes. No alum feedback or splash burn.
proxy.php

Fayiz D.

I'm also working my way towards the RazoRock BBS and Variant Adjustable (2,3).

I've been using the Wunderbar and Lupo 95, in a few days I'll give my face a rest from close shaves and move to milder razors.

I have a question about the choice of month for this Mild/ Medium efficiency razors-

Does this have anything to do with the Summer season?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Is it me or the “June-July High Efficiency” thread got a lot more attention than this one? It seems that current preferences in B&B tend toward higher blade feel and aggressiveness

I lean more towards the Mild-Medium spectrum. This month I’m using my Rex Ambassador set at 1.0-2.0. Very efficient but very smooth daily shaves

Perusing posts in general, I think that a majority of folks lean towards higher efficiency razors.

I like 'em all and am getting fantastic shaves from my mild/medium efficient razors. :)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I'm also working my way towards the RazoRock BBS and Variant Adjustable (2,3).

I've been using the Wunderbar and Lupo 95, in a few days I'll give my face a rest from close shaves and move to milder razors.

I have a question about the choice of month for this Mild/ Medium efficiency razors-

Does this have anything to do with the Summer season?

Not really. After 2+ months of high efficiency razors, figured that folks might be ready for some mild/medium efficiency razors. :)

Is it me or the “June-July High Efficiency” thread got a lot more attention than this one? It seems that current preferences in B&B tend toward higher blade feel and aggressiveness

I lean more towards the Mild-Medium spectrum. This month I’m using my Rex Ambassador set at 1.0-2.0. Very efficient but very smooth daily shaves
I think there is a lot of room for mild/medium efficient razors. In BBQ for example, low & slow can turn tough pieces of meat into something very tender and good to eat. It is easier to hit the target temperature when doing low & slow. In shaving, using a razor and blade that is efficient enough allows the user to stop when the target goals are achieved.
Perusing posts in general, I think that a majority of folks lean towards higher efficiency razors.

I like 'em all and am getting fantastic shaves from my mild/medium efficient razors. :)
Not really. After 2+ months of high efficiency razors, figured that folks might be ready for some mild/medium efficiency razors. :)
I think the idea of the thread was well thought out.

I have fickle skin which needs very little excuse to get offended with less than ideal technique, poor lather, a brush with too much scritch, a rough blade or a razor that is too aggressive or not aggressive enough.

Again thanks to @never-stop-learning for starting and maintaining the thread.
😊

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I think there is a lot of room for mild/medium efficient razors. In BBQ for example, low & slow can turn tough pieces of meat into something very tender and good to eat. It is easier to hit the target temperature when doing low & slow. In shaving, using a razor and blade that is efficient enough allows the user to stop when the target goals are achieved.

I think the idea of the thread was well thought out.

I have fickle skin which needs very little excuse to get offended with less than ideal technique, poor lather, a brush with too much scritch, a rough blade or a razor that is too aggressive or not aggressive enough.

Again thanks to @never-stop-learning for starting and maintaining the thread.
😊
Thank you very much for participating. :)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Mild/Medium Efficiency August
Razor: Blackland Razors Vector SB
Blade: Feather Professional AC Proguard (6)
Brush: Heritage Collection Ever-Ready 500E (TNS 26mm Quartermoon Knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Original Stetson
Fragrance: Original Stetson
20210808_115034~2.jpg

Check out my Journal for shave notes and other musings:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/

SOTD
Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: MWF
Brush: Men-U boar
Razor: GC.84 SB, Astra SP #2
Post-shave: Nivea Balm.

Good result, but got some irritation ATG.

I don't think there's much point in using something very aggressive on one day's growth. Even this razor might be overkill, since the .68 does a good job, and is more forgiving of user error.

Hmmmmm......I don't have a 3one6 so can't definitively comment.

I've had folks state that the 3one6 is in the same area as the Mühle Rocca v4 which I would place in the medium to medium+ efficiency bucket. :)
I have had a 3ONE6 for quite awhile. I started a blade seek but using the sharp blades.

checking the razor with less sharp and smoother blades just might be in order.

Razor: Razorock Mamba 70
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Brush: Razorock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Lather: Stirling Soap Co Naked & Smooth
Aftershave: Cold Water Rinse

No Irritation: 5
No cuts or nicks: 5
Closeness: 5
Smoothness: 5

Score: 10/10

Very close and smooth shave. No issues. The blade is sharp and smooth.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Clix 500 Ez Flow. This is a super cool 1940s razor. Mild. Smooth. Effective enough. It’s a bit more efficient than the Flat Bottom NEW I used on my last shave, and just as comfortable. The fat plastic handle feels great in the hand and weighs more than it’s looks imply. Very interesting razor indeed. I like it.

210FBCB9-C677-4FEB-8A47-5DA50C569691.jpeg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Clix 500 Ez Flow. This is a super cool 1940s razor. Mild. Smooth. Effective enough. It’s a bit more efficient than the Flat Bottom NEW I used on my last shave, and just as comfortable. The fat plastic handle feels great in the hand and weighs more than it’s looks imply. Very interesting razor indeed. I like it.

View attachment 1309113

I have my Clix 500 E-Z Flow on tap for today. :)

Great minds. ;)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Mild/Medium Efficiency August
Razor: Clix 500 E-Z Flow (Charcoal Goods Brass Dimpled Handle)
Blade: Personna Israeli Platinum Red (2)
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Bootlegger's Green Freeze
20210809_160934~2.jpg

Nice shave! :cool:

Check out my Journal for shave notes and other musings:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/

Top Bottom