What's new

August 2020 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Yep.

4. Any shaving services, like replating or restorations, cannot be arranged or paid for in the month of the restraint.

Building a case for your razors definitely qualifies under Rule 4. You could ask for a quote now and send a check for the amount +10% to cover incidentals, then get your case and a refund of the difference in August.
I'm out.

Unfortunately I cannot arrange prepayment before the start of August. I wish all other participants well in this restraint.

I'm out.

Unfortunately I cannot arrange prepayment before the start of August. I wish all other participants well in this restraint.
That's a bummer. We'll hope to see you (and pics of the case) in September.

1) FoolishMortal
2) Sotiris_A
3) rbscebu - we hardly knew ye
4) ajduplessis
5) Tomo
6) pbrmhl
7) bobbyb
8) Schnitzel52
9) StratMan
10) RTM
11) RookieGuy

310B8430-2549-43CE-93C3-95B3DA69A2C7.jpeg

GRUMEs are a great time to rediscover what you already have. On that note I used the first shave to take my neglected Vector out for a run. What a great razor the Vector is. Efficient, light and maneuverable.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I'm in. The July restraint ended with some serious turbulence, but I miraculously survived intact. At the last minute-- I mean on the afternoon of 31 July-- Simpsons released some Limited Edition M6 brushes in Manchurian badger with faux ebony handles. I literally had one in the "shopping bag" at 10.30 last night but decided to wait until after midnight to click on "pay" so that I could complete the July monthly restraint. But then I fell asleep, and when I woke this morning the urge to buy the brush was not nearly as irresistible as it had been last night, and now it has passed... at least for the time being...

A little victory over myself and my disordered attachments. So I'm back for August.

1) @FoolishMortal
2) @Sotiris_A
3) rbscebu - we hardly knew ye
4) @ajduplessis
5) @Tomo
6) @pbrmhl
7) @BobbyB
8) @Schnitzel52
9) @StratMan
10) @RTM
11) @RookieGuy
12) @benos
12) @FL shaver
14) @Owen Bawn

SOTD
  • Fat Handle Tech
  • Nacet (1)
  • Arko for August
  • Stirling Two-Band Synthetic
  • WH w/menthol, LTFT
  • Stirling Bay Rum ASB
  • Vintage Osage Rub AS
I have had this Tech for...well...I'm not sure how long. I didn't buy it, and I'm pretty sure that it came to me in one of the Passaround boxes that I've hosted. I'm also pretty sure that I kept it just for the handle, so I could use it with the Old Type head that I have.

In any case, I've never used it before. And as today was the start of Arko August, I changed a host of things versus what I used in July - different soap, different brush, and a never-used razor.

The results were great! The Tech felt more mild/smooth than my triangle-slot Tech, the brush made good lather and Arko delivered, as usual. I got my customary sliced-off-bump that I seem to get every time I start a fresh blade, but there was little blood...and I won't have an ingrown hair in that spot!

Let's have a great August!

IMG_0158.jpg
IMG_0157.jpg

I got a great lather from my Mikes Bay Rum and Cubby 2 Super this morning. The Mikes tub is on its last legs now and I’m just about to break through to the bottom. Knocking this one over will be a nice little project from the Grume. Spring is springing in Melbourne and Bay Rum is more of a winter scent. Chubby 2’s are great for making short work of hard soaps.
45481FD5-C25E-43D4-9937-CF0CAD73E22B.jpeg

Top Bottom