What's new

August 2019 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in as ever here too!
It’s a case of having mind over matter for me. I haven’t stopped perusing forums or looking at retailers sites, but I know I can get by without purchasing.

E8663328-1A45-4B8F-B163-4DEF9FB6F331.jpeg

Still in!

Used one of my older razors today. I’ve had this razor for almost 8 years now.

Was the razor I used on my wedding day.
F01410FB-58A8-4DB5-8ADE-1DF27AFCD4CE.jpeg

Tomorrow’s headline: #11 Strays from GRUME for Straight #1
Be careful with that thing!
I'll try!
Well we need some details now! What did you get?
I have no idea but it looks like it has a fish or a whale on it. I'll post a picture when it comes.
Oh that’s a slippery slope right there that is! If you by a stone to hone it with, you’re done!
Yeah, I'm a little worried. Going down that slope is a lot more expensive than the other ones I've slid down.

I'll try!

I have no idea but it looks like it has a fish or a whale on it. I'll post a picture when it comes.

Yeah, I'm a little worried. Going down that slope is a lot more expensive than the other ones I've slid down.
Haha looking forward to seeing it.

And yeah hones can be a slippery slope. If the blade is shave ready you could get by with a finishing stone and only have to touch up the blade every once and a while.

I have chosen to dismiss myself from the GRUME. Not because I struggled with an AD or am letting my current products rot to play with a new toy. I had an idea for a SOTD that amused me, and bought some vintage stuff on eBay while it was still there to buy and so I wouldn't forget the idea.

In short, I'm out. I am still going to practice restraint nonetheless; no new products of any sort are going to come in this month.

Top Bottom