What's new

ASCO Platinum

Good to know. I really liked the Lord Platinum Class blades. I also bought a 100 pack for $6.88 from Amazon when I bought the pack of Asco blades.

Oddly enough, my favorite blade so far is the LOI Titanium, which I received as part of a sample pack I purchased on Amazon. I think someone mentioned (elsewhere in the forum) that this blade is the same as the Sharp Titanium blade. All I know is that it's sharp and smooth enough for me and it lasts longer than other blades I've tried. Of course, YMMV.

For me, second to the LOI Titanium is the Lord Platinum Class. If the Asco Platinum is as sharp as but even more smooth than the Lord Platinum, then I'll be very happy.

My Asco platinum order came in yesterday. Will try them soon.

I haven't tried anything from the LOI/Sharp producers Samah in probably 15 years. I had a couple packs of Sharp Stainless that were just awful to use. I see they have new offerings as of lately, so maybe they got better.

My Asco platinum order came in yesterday. Will try them soon.

I haven't tried anything from the LOI/Sharp producers Samah in probably 15 years. I had a couple packs of Sharp Stainless that were just awful to use. I see they have new offerings as of lately, so maybe they got better.
According to Amazon, my shipment is due to arrive this Sunday. I'll probably end up trying out the Asco platinum next month or maybe in January. I just signed up to join the Viking Blade PIF so I'll probably try that blade before the Asco. 🙂

As for the LOI Titanium, I am likely an oddball. I happen to like it quite a bit, but I don't know if I should be used as the basis for any sort of extrapolation when it comes to shaving. I mean, it's been over a day and a half since I last shaved and my stubble is probably around SAS territory! 😁

Just shaved with the Asco Platinum blade for the first time in my EJ DE89. It wasnt as smooth as other blades i am used to but it was plenty sharp and I had no irritation. I think it's a great deal at $5/100 shipped and I will keep them in my rotation

Just shaved with the Asco Platinum blade for the first time in my EJ DE89. It wasnt as smooth as other blades i am used to but it was plenty sharp and I had no irritation. I think it's a great deal at $5/100 shipped and I will keep them in my rotation
Have you tried the Lord Platinum before? If so, how would you compare the two?

For me personally Asco Platinum in DE89 woldn't do the job. I wouldn't put such a mild blade in the mild razor that is the DE89.

Have you tried the Lord Platinum before? If so, how would you compare the two?

No I never used any Lord/Asco blade before. I mainly use Gillette Black/green/GSB,Wilkinson Sword, or Personna blades. Everything else I tried never worked well for me. I prefer a smoother blade. I tried Feather but found it too sharp and had a few nicks.

Platinum version is dull, Stainless version is far much better. If feather is 100% sharp, I may say Asco Platinum is 20% and Asco Stainless is 40%.
Asco Stainless works well with Rex Ambassador on setting 4, great combo for daily shave.
Asco platinum works great with shavette(s) and futur on setting 4.

Top Bottom