What's new

ASCO Platinum

I cannot find on lord website information on ASCO platinum blades, the one in orange color. Does it mean it out of production? They available on Amazon for 9.99$.

They’re a new release, and I’ll bet they are the same as the lord platinum class and the new shark platinum.

They’re okay. Not great. I’d probably rank them in the mid 20’s out of 100.

I have a tuck but have yet to try them out. Will give it a go with my Edwin Jagger DE89 and share my experience.

Attachments

• 15934928819864483929998181526784.jpg
    15934928819864483929998181526784.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 40
  • 15934929150352194458059861270683.jpg
    15934929150352194458059861270683.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 39
Probably a month or two ago I ordered an Asco Platinum blade with my order from the RazroBlade club. I will soon try it and will report.

So I finally tried an Asco Platinum blade. I shaved with it and on the next morning shaved with an Asco Super Stainless in the same razor, using the same brush and cream. These are not the same blade. The Super Stainless is a bit sharper. With the platinum I felt tugging on the ATG and XTG passes, which was not the case with the Super Stainless. Both blades are very smooth on the skin though.
So for my heavy beard the Super Stainless is much better. Some shavers might like the Platinum. But the Platinums are almost twice the price of the Super Stainless. So I won't be buying them. Glad I have ~600 of the Super Stainless. :biggrin1:

ASCO Super Stainless are in my top 5 blades, might be number 3. It's a toss up between Nacet (1), Dorco Primes, 7 O'Clock Green SS, and ASCO SS, with Nacet usually #1.

I just ordered a 100 pack (also comes with a tuck of Super Max Blue Diamond platinum coated blades) for $5 on Amazon. If these are like Lord Platinum Class, this will be a great deal! I happen to like the LPC blades. 🙂

I just ordered a 100 pack (also comes with a tuck of Super Max Blue Diamond platinum coated blades) for $5 on Amazon. If these are like Lord Platinum Class, this will be a great deal! I happen to like the LPC blades. 🙂

I just jumped on that deal also. Not that I need any more blades, but I did want to try these.

The Lord Platinum and Asco Platinum are different. Sharpness might be on the same level, but I get irritation from the Lord Platinum. Not from the Asco Platinum.
Good to know. I really liked the Lord Platinum Class blades. I also bought a 100 pack for $6.88 from Amazon when I bought the pack of Asco blades.

Oddly enough, my favorite blade so far is the LOI Titanium, which I received as part of a sample pack I purchased on Amazon. I think someone mentioned (elsewhere in the forum) that this blade is the same as the Sharp Titanium blade. All I know is that it's sharp and smooth enough for me and it lasts longer than other blades I've tried. Of course, YMMV.

For me, second to the LOI Titanium is the Lord Platinum Class. If the Asco Platinum is as sharp as but even more smooth than the Lord Platinum, then I'll be very happy.

Top Bottom