What's new

As a Chinese, this is what I know about badgers

Badgers aren't killed entirely for food or badger hair. Badger hair is just an economically valuable byproduct, more for badger fat. Badger fat is used in medicines and high-end cosmetics. Stop Using Badger Hair Brushes won't stop badgers being killed.

Welcome to B&B.

This is good to know. It didn't make sense to me that badgers were strictly killed to make shaving brushes. Not surprised to read organizations twisted what's actually happening. Let's only look at the increasing demonization of read meat.

Welcome to B&B.

This is good to know. It didn't make sense to me that badgers were strictly killed to make shaving brushes. Not surprised to read organizations twisted what's actually happening. Let's only look at the increasing demonization of read meat.
Let me add that.The production of good badger hair is very low. When I spoke to the owner of a local shaving brush factory, he told me that it takes all the back hair of ten badgers to be selected to make a shaving brush that costs about $70。The most valuable hair on a badger comes from the back of the neck ,back and the outer sides of the back.The rest of the gross grade is very low, and the price is very low.

Let me add that.The production of good badger hair is very low. When I spoke to the owner of a local shaving brush factory, he told me that it takes all the back hair of ten badgers to be selected to make a shaving brush that costs about $70。The most valuable hair on a badger comes from the back of the neck ,back and the outer sides of the back.The rest of the gross grade is very low, and the price is very low.

Thanks for the added info.

This seems appropriate:

I saw this and Simpsons may be really can't handle a road kill badger. Foreign shaving brush factories source finished badger hair in China and they may not be able to fully handle a dead badger.

Top Bottom