What's new

As a Chinese, this is what I know about badgers

欢迎来到不同的观点,我尊重你的观点,对此我很抱歉。
It is an undeniable fact that China has developed so rapidly in recent years that it lacks in some respects.For example, in this respect you would consider inhumaneCriticism is welcome. But I think he's getting better.I think we should make people better off before we make animals better off.This is just my personal opinion.

I mistreat trees too I sprayed some of them the other day.
Seriously it's pretty interesting how things work here there or somewhere else.
I've never got into badger brushes mostly because of the expense, RAD is bad enough without BAD.

I think we should make people better off before we make animals better off.
The North American badger is very different from the Asian badger, someone else mentioned in another post?

As far as human and animal wellbeing, I think the animals are better prepared for survival once we finish trashing the planet to the point that it can no longer sustain mankind.

There is no better place to witness this phenomenon than at the Chernobyl power plant's neighboring city of Pripyat in Ukraine, long abandoned by its residents immediately following the nuclear accident. Scientists declared Pripyat uninhabitable to humans for another 24,000 years, yet plants, trees, and wildlife have already reclaimed the city.

Hey, guys.I am a member from China.My English is not very good and I am not familiar with the rules of forum usage This is my first time posting. I hope there are not too many language problems.
I love shaving brushes especially synthetic and badger.

Here I can help you understand what I know about badgers in China.Badgers are now protected here. Many years ago, farmers hunted them because overbreeding badgers destroyed crops and affected harvests. Today's badger hair comes from artificially bred badgers. Badgers are farmed like cattle, sheep and pigs.Badgers aren't killed entirely for food or badger hair. Badger hair is just an economically valuable byproduct, more for badger fat. Badger fat is used in medicines and high-end cosmetics. Stop Using Badger Hair Brushes won't stop badgers being killed. As for whether anyone eats it, the answer is yes, but very little. It is legal to eat farmed badgers. Hunting and eating wild badgers is illegal and inhumane. There are very few illegal hunters who hunt badgers secretly. The cost of law enforcement is so high that it is hard to stop. I am sad about this.I also watched the Animal Protection Organization's report on Chinese badgers in 2018. The video was edited and dubbed. The truth is not the case, captive badgers are not treated and killed in a very inhumane manner. The badgers killed in the video are poached and sold by illegal hunters. The reason is that the badger brush factory in the front of the video is from northern China and the back is from southern China, a difference of thousands of kilometers. Not all Chinese eat badgers and are cruel to badgers. No one around me has ever eaten badger meat.
Welcome to B&B. Thank you for a very interesting post.

The North American badger is very different from the Asian badger, someone else mentioned in another post?

As far as human and animal wellbeing, I think the animals are better prepared for survival once we finish trashing the planet to the point that it can no longer sustain mankind.

There is no better place to witness this phenomenon than at the Chernobyl power plant's neighboring city of Pripyat in Ukraine, long abandoned by its residents immediately following the nuclear accident. Scientists declared Pripyat uninhabitable to humans for another 24,000 years, yet plants, trees, and wildlife have already reclaimed the city.
Yes, there is historical evidence that American badger(Taxidea taxus) hair is not suitable for making shaving brushes. As far as I know,there are four types of badger hair suitable for shaving brush European badger(Meles meles), Asian badger (Meles leucurus),Caucasian badger (Meles canescens) and Hog badger(Arctonyx collaris).There are many subdivisions among the four.

Top Bottom