What's new

Art of Shaving Retail Store Experiences

I'm more inclined to compare AoS to Apple. Good products with inflated (compared to the market) prices. Just as we point to TOBS cream and EJ razors, I can point to any number of PCs or tablets with comparable performance to an Apple. Both want you using their system only, by talking down or shifting conversation away from anything not being sold there while selling a lifestyle and turning something ordinary into a hipster or trendy version.

What bothers me the most about AoS is all the Fusion stuff since they do sell DE but don't give them much attention or sales pitch.

I'm more inclined to compare AoS to Apple.

Apple designs their own hardware and software and has a loyal following of hard-core fans. AoS is more like Best Buy, a showroom with poorly-trained salespeople selling over-priced mainstream brands to people who don't have the internet.

Apple designs their own hardware and software and has a loyal following of hard-core fans. AoS is more like Best Buy, a showroom with poorly-trained salespeople selling over-priced mainstream brands to people who don't have the internet.

Best Buy is way smarter than you give them credit for.... check out how many "branded" areas there are in a typical store. Google, Apple, Samsung, LG, all have corners dedicated to their products with promo material and signage all over the place. BB makes a TON of revenue renting that space out, and the companies get a chance to let consumers try out the products in person before buying online like they were going to anyways. Win-win.

Best Buy is way smarter than you give them credit for.... check out how many "branded" areas there are in a typical store. Google, Apple, Samsung, LG, all have corners dedicated to their products with promo material and signage all over the place. BB makes a TON of revenue renting that space out, and the companies get a chance to let consumers try out the products in person before buying online like they were going to anyways. Win-win.

+1

I've generally had good experiences at AOS stores and have even run into some sales reps that are members here. I do understand that for the most part someone who spends quite a bit of time on this forum will be more knowledgeable than most AOS sales reps so I make their job easy by knowing exactly what I need and how to use it. It's a complete waste of their time and mine for me to try and get any information from them about shaving since most are still using the Gillette Fusion razors.

...their primary product is a lifestyle. And because people want to be part of something exclusive and because money is the easiest metric to measure exclusivity, like with Bose, AoS products are way overpriced.

The lecture you received was part of the sales pitch ear the person talk--and it's always a woman curiously--it's like hearing an 18 year old at Best Buy tell me about TVs. All I hear is "blah, blah, blah, I don't know what I'm talking about".

I concur with this assessment. Glitzy store. Female clerks appeared know it alls. Males clerks were nice. Clearly each store has franchise look. To plastic for me.

Think about how cheaper the products would be without the salaries, storefronts, and glitz.

Top Bottom