What's new

Art of Shaving NorthPark Mall

I have been wanting a straight razor shave for years, complete with hot towel treatment etc. I visited the NorthPark Mall in Dallas, and decided to get one.

I noted a few things I thought odd; I’m not sure where the barber produced his lather. It did not have the consistency of any lather I’ve made in 11 years of traditional wet shaving, and he did not make it while I was sitting there (maybe pre-made?).

He used quite a bit of pressure on the blade, enough to cause a quarter sized spot of the most severe razor burn I have ever experienced. I will say other than this spot on my neck, it was a very close shave with minimal irritation elsewhere despite the blade pressure.

He exfoliated my face AFTER he shaved it entirely. I thought that was odd, and it was painful. He followed that up with rubbing my shaved face with a towel pretty hard.

I did not get his name. I had always read about people enjoying straight razor shaves and couldn’t wait to get mine. I’ve used straight razors (off and on) and safety razors for 11 years and I get really good results.

My experience at AOS makes me question my ability, if my experience is usual. I want to enjoy a straight shave still. I am hoping my barber just had an off day. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom