What's new

Are there any *good* vegan shave soaps?

Pre de Provence!

Their shaving soap is excellent! I find it to perform comparably to my tallow-based shaving soap. It is supposedly scented with sage and rosemary, but I find it to smell exactly like fabric softener or dryer sheets... but its a light scent.

Make sure to get the balm as well :thumbup1:

From what I hear, Razorock is a great vegan soap. A lot of people have compared it favorably to ADP. That's saying something for a sub-10 dollar soap/cream.

Hi! I was pointed to your forum by another website. I'm getting into DE shaving at the moment because I'm sick of buying disposable razors or refills for my Gilette Fusion...especially because I actually wear a beard and really only shave in order to clean up my neck line and keep my beard looking neat.

I've always used shave soaps even before I got interested in DE shaving, because I just prefer the feel of it. However, I've run out of my shave soap supply and since I last bought some I've made a pretty major change in my life and become a vegan. I already have a synthetic brush, and all that jazz, but I have yet to find a vegan soap that doesn't dry out my skin. I even tried some of the Dr. Bronner's gel, and I got a good lather, but the drying was still a problem.

So I turn to this community. Are there any shave soaps which are free of animal ingredients and also good soaps? If you could help me out here I would greatly appreciate it.

Lots of gents have given you great suggestions and I don't really have any more to add to the list. I do have a question for you though, just out of curiosity. What shave soap(s) were you using before you ran out?

You clearly haven't had vegan food done right. :001_tt2:

+1

Vegetarian greetings!! I'm a vegetarian, but try to keep away from tallow soaps if possible.

My favorites are:

Portland General Store (they have a After Shave Splash too)
Trumper Coconut (anything Trumper is great)
l'Occitanne Cade
VDH (cheap, but not great)

BTW, I'm thinking that most creams are vegan.

Lots of gents have given you great suggestions and I don't really have any more to add to the list. I do have a question for you though, just out of curiosity. What shave soap(s) were you using before you ran out?

Usually just Williams, honestly. It's available at all the department and drug stores around here, so it was easier to just go pick it up than it was to order something better online.

I'm very happy with Institut Karite, which is vegan. I have been using it almost exclusively for the last 3 months or so, and I haven't found the bottom of the puck yet! :thumbup1:

Top Bottom