What's new

Are Straight Razor Users Cooler than DE Users?

Are Straight Razor Users Cooler than DE Users?

• Of course they are!

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • No question about it - way cooler!

Votes: 36 80.0%

• Total voters
Of course they are!!! The only exception is when I use DE which is almost never :)

And when the wife sees me using a big straight... uau her yes smile like saying “ My macho” :)

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

As a recent convert to straights, about a 1.5 years into it, I'm not sure about guys using straights being cooler.

But it is, in my opinion, indeed just a bit "cooler" way to shave.
Learning curve is steeper, it's slightly less safe, demands more focus, and there's just more things to mess up.

Though, when I think about it more, I guess I'm cool either way... lol... since I still use my DE every now and then. :jump:

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
images.jpg

It’s a cooler way to shave.... as long as I don’t put a slice into my chin!

Seriously, I use my straight razors on the weekends when I have the time. I’m always thinking of my grandfather when I break out the straights. I’m sure he’s smiling and saying “that’s one cool grandson!”

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Way cooler, just try as I might, I canna get as good a shave .. might be one of the root causes of the straight razors decline?

Way cooler, just try as I might, I canna get as good a shave .. might be one of the root causes of the straight razors decline?
That’s remarkable. I genuinely get a better shave with a straight over any other shaving tool, - period. I will admit that I had to vow to use only a straight for a full year, or not shave to get the technique down solidly for myself. But it didn’t take long to see a straight could give me a smooth shave closer than any DE could, and it wasn’t anywhere near a year before I could shave nearly as quickly as I do with a DE... and I’m a slow learner.

I honestly think it’s about commitment. Particularly at first. Until you get that muscle memory thing going on.

Try again with vigor. If you go back and forth between a straight and a DE when learning, it’ll take forever to figure it out. At least it did for me and hence the year thing. I’m happy I committed.

As I shave almost every day with straights and do this not to impress anyone, but purely for my personal enjoyment, I go on record here to state that I really don’t give a toss. :001_cool:

I also go on record to say that because of my almost daily use of straight razors I feel in no way superior to my safety razor owning brothers, but do admit that I feel compassion for those poor sods who continue to use system razors and haven’t had their epiphany yet.

B.

As I shave almost every day with straights and do this not to impress anyone, but purely for my personal enjoyment, I go on record here to state that I really don’t give a toss. :001_cool:

I also go on record to say that because of my almost daily use of straight razors I feel in no way superior to my safety razor owning brothers, but do admit that I feel compassion for those poor sods who continue to use system razors and haven’t had their epiphany yet.

B.
Character Analysis and Traits. Brutus is known as a tragic hero in the play Straight vs DE because he faces a major conflict between his loyalty to his friend the straight and his loyalty to his countrymen who use DEs. Although Brutus' relationship with The straight is strong, his relationship with the people of Rome... London is stronger.

:)

Character Analysis and Traits. Brutus is known as a tragic hero in the play Straight vs DE because he faces a major conflict between his loyalty to his friend the straight and his loyalty to his countrymen who use DEs. Although Brutus' relationship with The straight is strong, his relationship with the people of Rome... London is stronger.

:)

Since you asked for it: :001_cool:
Witness the after-effects of a traditional 1960’s European education.....

From the Bard, Julius Caesar, Act 3, Scene II:

Enter Brutus.

Then follow me, and give me audience, friends.

Be patient till the last.
Straight Shavers, DE Shavers, and User of Cartridges! hear me for my
cause, and be silent, that you may hear: believe me
for mine honour, and have respect to mine honour, that
you may believe: censure me in your wisdom, and
awake your senses, that you may the better judge.
If there be any in this assembly, any dear friend of
Safety Razors, to him I say, that Brutus' love to Safety Razors
was no less than his. If then that friend demand
why Brutus rose against Safety Razors, this is my answer:
--Not that I loved Safety Razors less, but that I loved
Straight Razors more.

B. :c9:

Last edited:
I enjoy DE, SE, and SR. Never thought about the cool factor. ;)

That's why you're cool, cool dudes don't care bout what's cool or not they just do their stuff lol.

When I'm using my straights I have zen like focus otherwise I'll start squealing like a stuck pig lol.

Since you asked for it: :001_cool:
Witness the after-effects of a traditional 1960’s European education.....

From the Bard, Julius Caesar, Act 3, Scene II:

Enter Brutus.

Then follow me, and give me audience, friends.

Be patient till the last.
Straight Shavers, DE Shavers, and User of Cartridges! hear me for my
cause, and be silent, that you may hear: believe me
for mine honour, and have respect to mine honour, that
you may believe: censure me in your wisdom, and
awake your senses, that you may the better judge.
If there be any in this assembly, any dear friend of
Safety Razors, to him I say, that Brutus' love to Safety Razors
was no less than his. If then that friend demand
why Brutus rose against Safety Razors, this is my answer:
--Not that I loved Safety Razors less, but that I loved
Straight Razors more.

B. :c9:
For the win! Best post ever! Love it lol!

B.

Reminds me of the time I discovered backpack leaf blowers. :a29:

......I canna get as good a shave .. might be one of the root causes of the straight razors decline?

"It's not the plane, it's the pilot". :a29:

Comments like these are why straight shavers are (sometimes) NOT cooler. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

(All in good fun of course, don't take this too seriously, I'm just poking fun)

Shaving with a straight is very dangerous. One slip and you’ve got a razor stuck somewhere in your face or neck. Cool? That’s not for me to judge but scary? Yes definitely. Every morning. That’s why we love it.

Top Bottom