What's new

Are Straight Razor Users Cooler than DE Users?

Are Straight Razor Users Cooler than DE Users?

• Of course they are!

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • No question about it - way cooler!

Votes: 36 80.0%

• Total voters
As both of those cost $12 total and yes a cheap Chinese razors, its not the value or danger factor its the old school meaning cooler. I did see that people used flints to shave with, then sea shells before they went on to gold. As we cannot go back that far we make do with straights being the old school = cooler factor...

As both of those cost $12 total and yes a cheap Chinese razors, its not the value or danger factor its the old school meaning cooler. I did see that people used flints to shave with, then sea shells before they went on to gold. As we cannot go back that far we make do with straights being the old school = cooler factor...

I would use a $7 Wade and Butcher before I would use a cheap shavette. I want that blade right!!!lol!!

They definitely are! I envy those guys, I just tried a shavette once, with horrible results, but I felt a little bit cool handling it while it lasted [emoji24]

Funny you guys have issues with safety razors. :a29:
I hope that none of us are having any issues (at least not with DE razors). A good one liner and a laugh among friends brightens up the day. I'm very happy for my fine and today neglected DE collection. One day, perhaps when/if I get as old as Ian, I might even return to it.:001_smile

I hope that none of us are having any issues (at least not with DE razors). A good one liner and a laugh among friends brightens up the day. I'm very happy for my fine and today neglected DE collection. One day, perhaps when/if I get as old as Ian, I might even return to it.:001_smile

I just knew that one was coming(Old) but hey, but like Arne I have some nice DE that are neglected I might even shave with my Fatboy Executive today.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I just knew that one was coming(Old) but hey, but like Arne I have some nice DE that are neglected I might even shave with my Fatboy Executive today.
I think I still have one somewhere. I must admit I wish I still had my first one I bought in 1964. It got left behind in my last move 22 years ago.
:001_unsur

Arne if you get as old as Ian you better start sporting a beard .....have you seen his driving record?? ...lol :001_tongu:001_tongu:001_tongu:001_tongu:001_tongu:001_tongu:001_tt2::001_tt2::001_005:

This has been a fun read.

All I want is a close, comfortable shave that lasts the entire day and across my evening. My AS-D2 coupled with a Feather blade does this perfectly every time. So do my straight razors. Both are extremely mild to my old wrinkled countenance. I find myself using a straight razor most mornings because it's fun, satisfying, and puts me into a Zen state.

But now that I think about it... Yeah! Straight razor shaving is way cooler! :001_cool:

I have to give up on the cool factor and stick with de razors. I have 2 straights and gave it everything, but it just isn't meant to be. You see, I'm older than most all of you and have an abundance of wrinkles and it's virtually impossible to stretch my skin smooth enough. So, I'll just leave these nice sr's to all the younger crowd on here.
That is unfortunate you had to give up straight shaving. I got my Dad back into DE, shaving, but he didn't think his hands were steady enough to even consider straights.

If I had to gave up my straights I would do seppuku with a Safety razor [emoji88] [emoji3545]

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

If I had to gave up my straights I would do seppuku with a Safety razor
proxy.php
proxy.php
That would take a while! Probably have to replace the blade before it was over.:biggrin:

That would take a while! Probably have to replace the blade before it was over.:biggrin:

[emoji23] [emoji23]
Several times I guess. with the safety guard It would be a tough job to pull out.

Imagine a máfia friend using a safety razor to cut troughs... how hilarious

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Top Bottom