What's new

Are Straight Razor Users Cooler than DE Users?

Are Straight Razor Users Cooler than DE Users?

• Of course they are!

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • No question about it - way cooler!

Votes: 36 80.0%

• Total voters
and so the division begins. Class warfare even in shaving now?
There was a reason the phone made telegraphs obsolete too. :)
& like beers, I may not live long enough to try all the DE blades out there.

beers, I may not live long enough to try all the DE blades out there.

I just bought 43 different brands of DE blades. I figure if I shave with each two times, I should be done in about a year.

I kind of went manic and decided that I was going to try em all once and for all. But yeah, i’ll still be slumming with the lower class using DE’s. Even if it’s in sciences name. I might have to pull out my straight now and again so I can walk tall every now and again.

:001_cool:

I'm still just a recovering Mach3 user & quite proud of my fatboy & occasional nicks.
Bucket list- a proper, old school, barber shave & a haircut.

I'm still just a recovering Mach3 user & quite proud of my fatboy & occasional nicks.

If I were you and I wanted to shave with a bare blade, I would get a folding Feather SS shavette with Pro Guard Artist Club blades.

I said "of the responses." Not of those who read the post. You really need to learn how to troll with fake news. :p

Anyway, I deleted the post because I decided not to contribute to the divisiveness.

Yes,
I said "of the responses." Not of those who read the post. You really need to learn how to troll with fake news. :p

Anyway, I deleted the post because I decided not to contribute to the divisiveness.

Yes, I understood what you said. All who responded did not agree that SR users were more cool than DE users. My initial post stated that I had not even thought about it.

I've not seen a divisive post. Perhaps some remedial reading is in order. :a29:

I’m sorry this has degenerated. The whole thread was supposed to be in good fun.

One day i’ll sit beside the Ganges and have a man shave me and cut my hair. Then on the way home, after my hair has had a chance to grow a bit, i’ll stop in Istanbul and do it again!

Hmmmm. Cooler? I wouldnt say yes, but I couldn't say no.... Cool isn't necessary when your over 50. Lol. I just think it's the most comfortable way to shave so that's why I do it. Plus it's fun arguing about best razors and best way to hone. It gets darn right personal. Lol.

Hmmmm. Cooler? I wouldnt say yes, but I couldn't say no.... Cool isn't necessary when your over 50. Lol. I just think it's the most comfortable way to shave so that's why I do it. Plus it's fun arguing about best razors and best way to hone. It gets darn right personal. Lol.
:a29:true

There was a reason the phone made telegraphs obsolete too. :)
& like beers, I may not live long enough to try all the DE blades out there.

Sorry no division begins in here, we all started out with Carts and moved up same as yourself......

Yep I agree 100% I still use my Fatboy's when I'm in a rush, as for the bucket list that's how its starts to another rabbit hole that we all share....

Never used a cartridge type, Brother @Ice-Man. How I slipped by is anyone’s guess. :)

I was one of the sad ones to be fooled by them, until I see the light when I bought a Merkur Futur. Had it set on 6 with a feather blade in her and ended with real bad razor burn for days, that's when I found Badger & Blade & it sure has been a fantastic ride. And a great learning for sure and made friends with a lot of great people along the way.....

I was one of the sad ones to be fooled by them, until I see the light when I bought a Merkur Futur. Had it set on 6 with a feather blade in her and ended with real bad razor burn for days, that's when I found Badger & Blade & it sure has been a fantastic ride. And a great learning for sure and made friends with a lot of great people along the way.....

I admit the Futur has a cool look.

So, if I use a cheap Chinese shavette of questionable quality, does that make me cool+1 due to the extra danger factor?

Do these look cool

20180630_125135.jpg 20180630_125210.jpg 20180630_125255.jpg 20180630_125318.jpg

Top Bottom