What's new

Aqua Velva Plastic Bottles

I'm not sure I understand the concern some seem to have about the AV being packaged in plastic bottles or why that is viewed as a negative thing. I've only purchased one bottle of the Ice Blue, and it was in a glass bottle. If plastic is all that is available when I run out, I'll just buy that and refill the glass bottle I already have. No big deal, as far as I'm concerned. Haven't the various Pinaud AS offerings been in plastic for a while? I've noticed there is still an avid following for those products around here despite that fact. Was there as much concern voiced when those products were going to be switched to plastic? Also, does being stored in plastic actually degrade the quality of products such as AS? I read one such comment on a thread here not too long ago, and was unsure if the poster was joking or being serious. Or is it more a desire for our shave dens to appear as classy as possible, and a plastic bottle of AS on the shelf just doesn't make the cut?

I purchased a plastic bottle of AV last week to decant into the glass bottle. Smells just as good. To me I have always had the glass bottle all my life and losing it is that inevitable change that occurs in everything. Who know, 50 years from now the discussion will be why AV does not come in a bottle any more. Why the moist AV towelette? :001_rolle

I'm not sure I understand the concern some seem to have about the AV being packaged in plastic bottles or why that is viewed as a negative thing.

Some folks view the switch to plastic as aesthetically unpleasing and/or see the switch to plastic as a prelude to product reformulation.

If you don't like the plastic bottles, do what I did this weekend.

I finished off a bottle of Tabasco last week. I rinsed it out (very thoroughly) and filled it with Clubman. Looks awesome on my counter.

The Duane Reade stores here in NYC are phasing in the plastic bottles.
proxy.php

I took a quick whiff: smells the same! The plastic is significantly smaller. Must cost a whole lot less to ship.

Was at the local Fred Meyers, they had 3 of the 3.5 oz glass bottles left, The AV musk is already in plastic, and they didn't have any of the Ice sport. I almost bought the glass bottles, but after sniffing the bottle I changed my mind.

I ended up purchasing a glass bottle of Ice Blue and Musk when I was at CVS today. I've never used either product, but figured I should drop the hammer on both seeing as this was probably one of the few places that still had a few glass bottles.

I put on the Musk after I got back from my shopping trip and really like it... It's Musky. :blink:

So I was in a local Wal Mart yesterday, perusing the AV selection. They have long gone to plastic there. However, several bottles had a small foil envelope with an elastic band around the neck of the bottle. "What is this?" I said to myself. Perhaps a free sample of a new product - AV wipes? :001_huh:

So I took one. They are free anyway, right? I don't need to buy any more AV right now. Boy was I disappointed. :mad3:

It was a "Take this AV telephone survey, get a 45 minute calling card." Printed on nice vinyl though. I will take the survey, though my cell phone plan gets free long distance.

Here in Afghanistan at the little store we have the Ice Blue in Glass still. I have a couple bottles that will probably last me till I go back to Germany.

Does anyone happen to habe the Floid Blue version? How does that stuff smell?

Shawn

I finished off a bottle of Tabasco last week. I rinsed it out (very thoroughly) and filled it with Clubman. Looks awesome on my counter.

How did you get it clean enough? I like this idea but couldn't imagine putting Tabasco remnants on my face after shaving.

Shawn

Those work great for any AS. I decant my Ivy Club & PCVIBR into old Tabasco bottles.

I am not an AV fan, so it really doesn't matter to me. But it does seem the glass bottles keep the juice in pristine condition and keeps it from going stale.

I actually bought a glass bottle of the Ice Blue a while ago. Not to use, I'll probably never open it. It's just a bathroom decoration, and a memento of the good old days. No idea if the plastic bottles will be functionally worse, but glass has more class.

Cholula hot sauce bottles are great to decant into. I wash them out thoroughly with hot water, then fill them up with lemon juice and let them soak for 24 hrs. Then I wash them out again and fill them with hot water and liquid dish detergent. I let that soak overnight and then wash out thoroughly with hot water. The Cholula bottle is a very good looking bottle, with a wooden ball glued onto the plastic cap.

Picked up a glass bottle at the local target. Be aware that there may be glass ones BEHIND the plastic. That was the case here. 4 plastic bottles and about a dozen glass ones behind it. I guess they stock from the front. :blink:

My local Target also has the glass 7 oz. bottles for $4.79 Only glass, didn't see any plastic ones yet. Did they "upgrade" the 7 oz. bottles to plastic too or only the smaller ones?

Top Bottom