What's new

Aqua Velva Ice Blue in glass bottles

I have an 8 oz bottle of Ice Blue from '66.
I love the stuff but I use it sparingly so it'll last lol.
I would LOVE to get my hands on ine of the last glass bottles so I could decant from the plastic ones.
I wonder what would be a good one for my Ice Blue Sport.....

They have stopped importing it in South Africa and shipping alcohol is close to impossible. If anyone has figured a way through this problem, please tell.

The bottle in the middle with the very distinctive, bright blue label with the yellow colored aftershave was sold from 1940 to 1949 and contains the original formula. The original formula, which has a different scent than Ice Blue, was sold from 1917 to 1954 and was replaced by Ice Blue in 1955.

Here's a photo of the current bottle style. As Jan Sobieski & luvmysuper mentioned, there is also a larger size (7oz) available for purchase. I decant any new Aqua Velva that I buy into the last glass AV bottle on the right in my original post, as it's the last glass bottle that I am aware of that was available to the public. View attachment 1321751

The Aqua Velva Yellow continued to be sold in Latin America (Argentina, irrc), alongside the blue, up until something like 10 years ago.
1645916363409.png

For those after a glass bottle it may be easiest/cheapest to buy a bottle of the Spanish version online, which continues to be produced in glass bottle.
1645916277193.png

The Aqua Velva Yellow continued to be sold in Latin America (Argentina, irrc), alongside the blue, up until something like 10 years ago.
View attachment 1416375

For those after a glass bottle it may be easiest/cheapest to buy a bottle of the Spanish version online, which continues to be produced in glass bottle.
View attachment 1416374
Has anyone found a reasonably priced source for the Spanish version for US buyers? Shipping from Europe makes it more feasible to just get a vintage bottle from eBay.
Thanks,
Scott

Has anyone found a reasonably priced source for the Spanish version for US buyers? Shipping from Europe makes it more feasible to just get a vintage bottle from eBay.
Thanks,
Scott
I don't know if you consider this price reasonable, but I just bought two bottles from here. $14
Williams Aqua Velva - Aftershave Splash 200ml - Glass Bottle Spanish Version - https://www.therazorcompany.com/products/williams-aqua-velva-aftershave-splash-200ml-glass-bottle-spanish-version

I also bought several plastic bottles from the PX last week that were $3.40

I have mixed the US and Spanish versions in a large infinity bottle as well.

I don't know if you consider this price reasonable, but I just bought two bottles from here. $14
Williams Aqua Velva - Aftershave Splash 200ml - Glass Bottle Spanish Version - https://www.therazorcompany.com/products/williams-aqua-velva-aftershave-splash-200ml-glass-bottle-spanish-version

I also bought several plastic bottles from the PX last week that were $3.40

I have mixed the US and Spanish versions in a large infinity bottle as well.
Hey TOT I appreciate the response. Just ordered some. Total price was less than the shipping cost alone from the EU.
Take care and thank-you for your service to our country,
Scott

I have purchased a number of vintage bottles of Aqua Velva… all different sorts… most smell like chemicals. Light scent but mostly like cleaning chemicals.
Great to own history but to use or enjoy- yeah not so good.

Top Bottom