What's new

April 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Preparing for April.

Plenty of soap: check
Plenty of razors: oh yeah
Plenty of post-shave stuff: yep
Multiple brushes, not fully explored: yes
A nice large shave bowl, recently acquired, so I don't get annoyed at overspilling the bounds of my little one: done
Lots of shave towels: for sure

I think I'm ready. Except for an ongoing conversation I have with a JNat vendor about finding my perfect razor stone, but I told him I was not in a hurry, so...

My opening salvo for April was:

Razorock Black Bay
Omega 83
Rockwell Blue 6S (R3)
Lord Super Chrome (4th use)
Razorock Black Bay AS

This soap & razor combo continues to impress. Got the matching aftershave yesterday and it's lovely! Kudos to Razorock. I find their soaps a bit hit and miss but they have absolutely nailed it with their Bay Rum interpretation.

Still in no shave today but my final delivery from March arrived today, SOC Boar and another new soap to try.

box2.jpgmogno.jpgSem.jpg

I'm in for April! Here’s to another successful month!

1) FoolishMortal
2) ‘Bout Time
3) B_R_A_D
4) henrickd - GRUYERE
5) SharpieB
6) Doti B
7) stuartganis
8) Chef455
9) Roedeer
10) cino
11) Herrenberg
12) CzechCzar
13) Timeclo
14) La Malice
15) Contact_vs_Feedback
16) pdieten GRUYERE
17) hopper_64
18) Schnitzel52
19) Trollky
20) bravoure
21) Owen Bawn
22) Abz88
23) cryhavoc - GRUYERE
24) Tomo
25) Kyle89
26) wmadoty
27) Heavy_Metal_Hound
28) Jmp63 - GRUYERE

Kudos to Razorock. I find their soaps a bit hit and miss but they have absolutely nailed it with their Bay Rum interpretation.

I find that Razorock generally punches above their weight with soaps and hardware price versus performance. You’re right about it being hit or miss but they really have some good stuff for the price point they’re at. I’ve spent a lot of money with them for different things and mostly I’m extremely happy.

I find that Razorock generally punches above their weight with soaps and hardware price versus performance. You’re right about it being hit or miss but they really have some good stuff for the price point they’re at. I’ve spent a lot of money with them for different things and mostly I’m extremely happy.
Good value they certainly are. I find the "standard" light coloured soaps e.g. XXX are the so-so ones but my face absolutely loves the more funky coloured soaps like Black Bay and Caribbean Holiday.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Gonna give it another go this month after falling out last month for a Yaqi 2 band badger brush. I realised I would have 13 brushes so I ordered a Yaqi purple mink yesterday not that I'm superstitious, but any excuse to order another brush eh.

1) FoolishMortal
2) ‘Bout Time
3) B_R_A_D
4) henrickd - GRUYERE
5) SharpieB
6) Doti B
7) stuartganis
8) Chef455
9) Roedeer
10) cino
11) Herrenberg
12) CzechCzar