What's new

Anyone interested in an Orange binge this week?

I cheated ...
1652466933219.png

Wonderful idea. Reading this thread reminded me of a couple of the soaps I have in my collection including Mike's OCBP and Nordost. Not already mentioned is one of my favorites, Grooming Dept Valencia. I have the re-release in the Kairos tallow base. Here is the artwork (which I prefer over the Kairos artwork) for the original Janus Vegan version together with the scent notes:

Scent Notes: Orange Juice, Orange peel, lemon, orange blossom, petitgrain and cedarwood.
1652531706885.png

Last edited:
This is a soap which has peaked my interest, but I didn't convince myself to pull the "buy now" button as yet.

How's the performance of this soap?
Is the cinnamon prominent in the scent?

Greetings!
The performance is excellent. It doesn't produce a 'high volume' lather like a Castle Forbes, but it's slick as snot and it also contains activated charcoal, which is why the lather is gray.

To my nose, the orange scent is more prominent than the cinnamon and the two combined smell good enough to eat. :drool:
IMG_2038 (2).JPG

Nordost in omnibus today. Lovely scent. Unfortunately the splash was not available when I bought the soap.
@AlphaFrank75 I see you use a Paladin. I had to set mine aside today. First time use and it couldn't lather the omnibus. Did you find it needed a break in period?
Imagepipe_35.jpg

Nordost in omnibus today. Lovely scent. Unfortunately the splash was not available when I bought the soap.
@AlphaFrank75 I see you use a Paladin. I had to set mine aside today. First time use and it couldn't lather the omnibus. Did you find it needed a break in period?
I bought my Paladin second-hand so it was already sort of broken in. I do notice that it sucks up the proto lather and I have to keep telling myself the lather will come, just be patient and don't add more soap. I start out bowl lathering to get things started and finish face lathering.

Is that a Semogue badger you used on the Nordost? I can't get anything but a synth to work on it.
Too much water and it seems to get to a point of no return. I bowl lather, scoop the soap and only add tiny amounts of water at a time and continue building the lather in the bowl until it's just right. Works for me boar and badger. Stirling Glacial Satsuma today very clean mandarin scent says spices in the background, but I don't pick them up.
glacialsatsuma.jpg

Top Bottom