What's new

Anyone interested in an Orange binge this week?

I went to use a new to me orange scented soap today and realized I have quite a few orange soaps in the drawer. I'm going to rotate through them for a while and would be interested in seeing/hearing about other orange soaps out there. Started with this Stirling.
Imagepipe_31.jpg

My introduction to orange was Stirling Pharaoh's Dreamsicle which I really enjoyed. My personal benchmark for a true orange scented soap is Ethos Blood Orange.

edit: As much as I love my Ethos, a couple of days would be my limit, but I'm in. Maybe get this started next Sunday. I'd love a Sunday Blood Orange shave.

StirlingPharaohsDreamsicle.jpg
EthosBloodOrange.jpg

Last edited:

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I'm in for a couple of shaves, I only have RR Don Marco for an orange scent, but I love it and orange scents in general. The Ethos Blood Orange soap intrigues me, does anyone know if anywhere in Europe has it?

Oh oh oh oh - I forgot I had some Don Marco squirreled away. I did shave with my melt and pour today but the scent level is low. Was still a nice shave finished off with Lucky Tiger tonic which has a faint orange scent.

Today was this A&E orange. Seemed pretty much scentless to me. Perhaps I should eat something and see if I have any ability to taste as well!
Overall, did not compare favorably to the Stirling.
The Ethos Orange looks great.
Imagepipe_32.jpg

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20220512_131819.jpg

Razor: Rockwell 6C R5
Blade: Voskhod(7)
Soap: RR Don Marco
Brush: Yaqi Lucky Dice

The fantastic orange scent of Don Marco is one of my favourites. Despite the lather being a bit bubbly tonight still gave me a good shave as did flipping the Rockwell plate to R5. The shave was smoother but the final ATG pass was a little tuggy but still left me with a near BBS finish.

I could do a few. I got 3 orange soaps glacial satsuma, nordost, and goodfellas orange empire which is lightly scented. Maybe 4-5 if you count citrus blast and glacial citron where orange is mixed in with other citrus.

Last edited:
Sure, count my in for a week or so...
Today's shave:
Orange meets vanilla & musk. Not my favourite scent from Stirling, but still a very good performer.

Attachments

• 20220512_150349-01.jpeg
    20220512_150349-01.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Top Bottom