What's new

Anyone interested in an Orange binge this week?

Shaved with a Murphy & Mcneil sample of Banzai today. It was a really nice scent pure juicy orange to me maybe just slightly tart like a tangelo or something. Curious if this is fragrance oil or essential, but just says fragrance for ingredients. Also, it has a cooling agent(koolada) which was very light, but I could feel it definitely feel light cooling after the first pass.

Thanks!
I did a blind/impulse purchase of a soap I've never seen before called Pinnacle. The leading scent note is bergamot followed by half a dozen fruits. Should be interesting.
Today I see another soap I've never tried but see posted here often called Zaharoff Signature, with a new scent called "Citrine." Oh boy.
Who makes the Pinnacle soap you found? Did you receive it yet, and if so, what do you think?

Who makes the Pinnacle soap you found? Did you receive it yet, and if so, what do you think?
I don't know anything about this soap except that after noticing in somebody's list of "top tier " soaps along with others I know to be good, it popped up on the Canadian retailer that I use and I threw it in with an order. All it says is
  • A Soap created by Alessio Di Domenicantonio
Which means nothing to me.
I have not received it yet. I'm quite confident it will change my world. :lemo:

This is a delightful soap with the cooling on the face. Although we still have not had any warm weather yet this year where I live on the West Coast of Canada, so I'm not needing cool yet.
Imagepipe_49.jpg

This is a delightful soap with the cooling on the face. Although we still have not had any warm weather yet this year where I live on the West Coast of Canada, so I'm not needing cool yet. View attachment 1462214
I used to live on the west coast of Washington for 12 years. Warm weather was anything above 75 degrees!!

Stirling Orange Chill, Glacial Citron, and Glacial Satsuma are among my favorites. The Satsuma EDT sticks with me for 8+ hours!

I received and have used a soap from a totally new soap maker to me called Pinnacle Grooming. This scent description is what suckered me in:
  • Bergamot,
  • Grapefruit,
  • Lemon,
  • Blackcurrant,
  • Mint,
  • Orange blossom
Would it be reasonable to expect this to have a citrus smell? I grew up in the country and am the youngest son of a modest farming home where our vocabulary for scents was nothing like the city types. Of the words I did know, "smells good" or "smells bad" were the most common. So I'm not going to nag on this soap that is clearly more complex than my limited self can appreciate. I'll call it "very interesting" which is my standard answer when I have nothing to say. I can enjoy interesting even if it wasn't what I expected. I'll keep it out of reach of my grand kids though because they would be sure to mistake it for cookie dough.
Imagepipe_51.jpg

My orange binge led to two impulse soap purchases. The first was Pinnacle Grooming Leo Nerd which worked out to be a fantastic soap but no orange scent. My wife lives it and uses it constantly, even the splash. Good deal there. The second was a Gentleman's Nod soap called Citrine. This is one that so far I'm regretting. Not orange. But the base itself is an excellent performer.
Imagepipe_7.jpg
But far and away the best has been Nordost. Very special.

I received and have used a soap from a totally new soap maker to me called Pinnacle Grooming. This scent description is what suckered me in:
  • Bergamot,
  • Grapefruit,
  • Lemon,
  • Blackcurrant,
  • Mint,
  • Orange blossom
Would it be reasonable to expect this to have a citrus smell? I grew up in the country and am the youngest son of a modest farming home where our vocabulary for scents was nothing like the city types. Of the words I did know, "smells good" or "smells bad" were the most common. So I'm not going to nag on this soap that is clearly more complex than my limited self can appreciate. I'll call it "very interesting" which is my standard answer when I have nothing to say. I can enjoy interesting even if it wasn't what I expected. I'll keep it out of reach of my grand kids though because they would be sure to mistake it for cookie dough. View attachment 1463937

I don’t care where you grew up, in that scent profile 4 of the 6 notes are a citrus of some sort. It should definitely have a citrus smell to it. I hate it when you buy a soap and it smells nothing like what you expect.

I considered both this and the Citrine but now I’m glad I passed on both. I had a sample of the original Zaharoff and wasn’t a fan of the scent and I was worried the Citrine would have too much of that original scent in with it.

What makes blood orange different from orange orange?
From Eat Like No One Else:

What's the Difference you may ask❔

The obvious difference starts with the color. On the inside blood oranges can range from shades of red, orange, and purple - depending on the variety and how mature they were at harvest. The skin can shows various amounts of red again depending on their maturity and the variety.

If you find a blood orange that is not red at all on the outside, you can still tell it from a Navel orange as it won't have the characteristic "belly button" that a Naval has.

What I am sure you are really wanting to know is taste. Do they taste different or is it appearance only? Blood oranges are more acidic than Navel or Valencia oranges. They do have a unique flavor, than many categorize as raspberry-like. Some might say cranberry because of it's tart punch.

?️ Peeling Them​

Peeling them is not all that easy. It can be done for sure, but might want to eat slices or wedges instead. On average they are about as easy or harder to peel than a Navel orange. Unless it's a variety like the Tarocco blood orange which tend to have a thinner skin. I have peeled those before without trouble.

1655910523688.png

Top Bottom