What's new

Anyone here prescribed Jardiance (empagliflozin) for T2DM?

I've been on this medication for about 7 weeks and this coming monday I have an actual in-person physical where I am going to request to be prescribed something else as the side effects are making me miserable (moderate to severe fatigue, dehydration/thirst, and frequent to constant urination. The side effects of the drug are as bad as the symptoms of high blood sugar. Ush.

I was prescribed Jardiance a few years ago. A week after I was diagnosed Type 2 I broke my leg and was sitting at home for 4 months with my leg propped up. Anyway I maxed out my insurance so when the new plan year started imagine my surprise when Jardiance cost me $250 for 30 days AFTER the discount card. Needless to say I have not taken that pill in awhile.

The results of my physical were that I have been taken off Jardiance to see if the urination issue lessens. In the meantime I am being prescribed Ozempic which is a non-insulin medication taken once a week.

Having been off Jardiance for 2 weeks I am happy to report that things are pretty much back to normal. Only having to get up once during the night vs. 3-5 times.

Having been off Jardiance for 2 weeks I am happy to report that things are pretty much back to normal. Only having to get up once during the night vs. 3-5 times.

Glad it worked out for you. A good night's sleep is a blessing. It makes filor a more enjoyable morning shave. :)

Just started Jardiance 3 days ago. So far not completely horrible. I'll check into Ozempic in case I need to change.

Top Bottom