What's new

Anyone here prefer to just use their face to lather?

That's all do. There is guy I used to follow on YouTube that uses a brush dabbing method to see if the soap is right or needs more water. If its sticky it needs more water. At least that what I got out of it and use the method. Using a bowl is too tedious for me and I am way to inpatient.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I bowl lather creams and face-lather soaps. I’m not talented enough to face-lather creams. Every hard-enough soap is a shave stick if you define stick loosely enough.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
99% I face lather, either from a stick rubbed on my incredibly handsome face, or after I've rubbed my brush over a puck. I enjoy the process of using the bowl, just seems I'm in too big of hurry being retired to use a bowl!

Why must one choose? Bowl, face, or palm? DE, SE, or SR? Soap or cream? Badger, boar, horse, or synthetic? I like the variety and it comes down to using whatever works for the day and/or occasion. I wish to try as many tools and methods as possible and attempt to become proficient enough to thoroughly enjoy them all. Do whatever works best for you.

YOu
99% I face lather, either from a stick rubbed on my incredibly handsome face, or after I've rubbed my brush over a puck. I enjoy the process of using the bowl, just seems I'm in too big of hurry being retired to use a bowl!
are a handsome devil....

Attachments

• Goonies-Sloth-Banner.jpg
    Goonies-Sloth-Banner.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 10

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
There is no need for dichotomy, we can enjoy everything freely according to our mood and needs.
Some people even mix water and soap in the bowl first, and finally finish lather on the face.

I face lather a while ago.
Recently, the soap that my wife made for me requires a more precise moisture ratio, so I pay more attention to the bowl.

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
There is no need for dichotomy, we can enjoy everything freely according to our mood and needs.
Some people even mix water and soap in the bowl first, and finally finish lather on the face.

I face lather a while ago.
Recently, the soap that my wife made for me requires a more precise moisture ratio, so I pay more attention to the bowl.
Keep that one!

My wife makes soap.

Then she makes me scrub the floors!

Face lather. I love the feeling of swirling a brush on my face. Even seeing the brush sitting on the bathroom counter can be tempting for me to want to pick it up and swish it around a few times, even when I have no intent to shave.

I started off as a bowl latherer. Mostly because of forums, bowls were mentioned a lot back then. Partially because my first brush was that huge omega boar you get for 10$ and at first it was really prickly. But after break in period and my transition from creams to soaps I abolished bowls and am 100% face latherer. Now I see bowls as waste of time and good lather (I believe the best lather gets stuck to the bowl walls)

I used to always bowl lather. About a year so so back, I switched over to face lathering. I kept hearing people talk about face lathering on the forums, so I figured I would give it a try. It works fine for me.

Which one got me a better lather? Bowl lather. Which one is faster with less equipment on the countertop? Face lather! Which should you go with? Whatever makes you happy as there’s not that much of a difference in the end.

Top Bottom