What's new

The classic shaving mug

I use a mug for soaking my brush and assorted bowls for soap.
This bowl cost me around £2 several years ago. It’s 3 and 3/4 inches wide, 2” deep, and perfect for a puck of Floris or Musgo.

Attachments

• IMG_1173.jpg
    IMG_1173.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1175.jpg
    IMG_1175.jpg
    662.2 KB · Views: 7
I had a set of apothecary mugs made for me by family that I used to throw pucks into to load from. The one survivor is now my tooth cleaning instruments receptacle. I did some bowl/scuttle lather building early on, but transitioned to face lathering fairly quickly.

I prefer lidded containers to maintain moisture on the puck in a small microclimate. Especially MWF. Once I figured out what I liked, it was simple enough to just buy replacement pucks vs a container’d soap. Less waste that way. And I would make my own sticks out of regular puck soaps for travel. I do like my brush scuttle to soak them. If I used an 18mm brush, I might could load soap from it as well, but isn’t great or viable for any brush above 20mm.

IMG_7454.jpeg

I have several mugs with soap pucks in them in the den.

Three Old Spice - one with Fine American, one with PDF 63 and one with Old Spice Classic soap.
I have one large coffee mug with a mustache with a puck of Tabac (old tallow formulation).
I have a soup mug with Valobra grated in.
I have a soap mug from the 80s with a puck of classic Williams.

Use all three the same with the classic method - load soap from the puck and face lather.

Top Bottom