What's new

Anyone else thinking of polishing their Tradere handle?

Will it shave better if the finish is exactly the same on the head and handle? I don't think so. The finish on the Weber razors are different between the head and handle (DLC and ARC). I don't see this as a problem. This is the way he makes 'em - get over it. It's about the shave not how nice the razor looks.
Just my opinion.

The difference in finish on the Weber is why I do not own one or well never own one. Looks awful. I would not give it space on my counter. There are too many attractive nice shaving razors on the market. So far I have not found a razor that I cannot get a BBS shave with so why have something ugly hanging around that I would never use (speaking about the Weber now not Tradere which I DO find attractive).

Like you say.. It's personal preference but it is a shame that customers will stay away from a product based on looks alone.

I did buy a Tradere handle when they were first introduced and I was one of the early pre-purchasers of the head. I have them both but it is going on 2 weeks now and I have not used the razor yet. I may never use the razor but it did not stop me from buying it. The head, attached to an iKon handle, is in the drawer. I don't even know where the Tradere handle is anymore.

...The difference in finish on the Weber is why I do not own one or well never own one. Looks awful. I would not give it space on my counter.

Too bad as the Weber is one of the best DE razors I have ever used, if not the best. (I'm talking shave quality not looks, though the looks do not bother me at all!)

The difference in finish on the Weber is why I do not own one or well never own one. Looks awful. I would not give it space on my counter. There are too many attractive nice shaving razors on the market. So far I have not found a razor that I cannot get a BBS shave with so why have something ugly hanging around that I would never use (speaking about the Weber now not Tradere which I DO find attractive).

I have the Weber Classic Long handle with Matching ARC Head. Its a nice looking Razor and the Finish looks just as good as the FeatherAS D-1 And the shave on the Weber is Outstanding, So its a nice looking Razor and shaves well.

What ugly Weber razor are you talking about? I dont like the ARC or DLC head with Chrome BullDog handle either, So i just got the Bulldog handle and paired it with an EJ89 head, That combo is also Great. Heavy short Bulldog handle makes that EJ89 head more efficient if you ask me :eek:)

You spend $123. for the head and handle and leave them in a drawer because of your "mis-match" phobia? Send it to me, I'll put it to good use. Obviously you have too much disposable income!!!

Like you say.. It's personal preference but it is a shame that customers will stay away from a product based on looks alone.

I did buy a Tradere handle when they were first introduced and I was one of the early pre-purchasers of the head. I have them both but it is going on 2 weeks now and I have not used the razor yet. I may never use the razor but it did not stop me from buying it. The head, attached to an iKon handle, is in the drawer. I don't even know where the Tradere handle is anymore.

You spend $123. for the head and handle and leave them in a drawer because of your "mis-match" phobia? Send it to me, I'll put it to good use. Obviously you have too much disposable income!!!

No, not because they are mismatched. I have not shaved with the Tradere because I have had a large number of razors come in at the same time. I have several other very nice razors that came in about the same time as the Tradere that I have not gotten around to using yet either. I have been getting in 1 to 3 razors a day but can only use one each day so I have a backlog of razors that I have not used..... yet... Many I have used only once like this one (shame to use it one time and put it away)

proxy.php

Wish I had such deep pockets that I could buy more razors than I can possibly ever shave with.

No, not because they are mismatched. I have not shaved with the Tradere because I have had a large number of razors come in at the same time. I have several other very nice razors that came in about the same time as the Tradere that I have not gotten around to using yet either. I have been getting in 1 to 3 razors a day but can only use one each day so I have a backlog of razors that I have not used..... yet... Many I have used only once like this one (shame to use it one time and put it away)

proxy.php

I got my Tradere head today and matched it up with the handle for a great shave experience. Very nice weight, feel and finish. This is one razor that will not be sitting in any drawer and I have quite a decent collection going. Let me know if you'd like to part company with the Leresche.

Top Bottom