What's new

Anybody still using and loving their Karve Christopher Bradley?

Now it seems that most of the buzz is centered on the Overlander and, more recently, the Bison. I pulled out my aluminum CB D safety bar plate this evening and had a wonderful shave.

It made me wonder whether everybody had pretty much moved on to the newer razor designs, or whether there were others like me who were still enjoying the OG Christopher Bradley design.

For me this razor is fantastic. It is impeccably made. Granted, I am a shallow-angle shaving enthusiast, so that aspect of the razor for me is a feature, not a bug.

So let's hear it! Do you still love your CB? If so, which metal and which plate is your favorite?

Last edited:
I have the Christopher Bradley in brass and stainless versions. I still use both on a regular basis with the E plate being my personal sweet spot.
Great razor!
Karve_CB_E.jpg

I also have the Overlander but should probably let it go. Great quality and a smooth shaver but a bit too mild for my preference.

My C-Plate safety bar head is safely tucked away in a drawer as I cannot divorce myself from it. My Fatip and Merkur slants have knocked it out of the varsity team roster! Now if Karve put out a slant I would be all over it!

Karve CB is still a good razor; the Overlander is just a better one...in my opinion. Many disagree, but I'd wager them a minority. He learned a lot from the CB and implemented that experience into the Overlander.

Fortunately we don't have to choose one over the other

Karve CB is still a good razor; the Overlander is just a better one...in my opinion. Many disagree, but I'd wager them a minority. He learned a lot from the CB and implemented that experience into the Overlander.

Fortunately we don't have to choose one over the other
I think that my next splurge on a razor will be the Overlander with the handle that looks like a fat handle Tech.

Yes.

I've never developed any significant interest in the Bison or the Overlander. The versatility of the different plates of the KCB might be the core reason...

I intend to shave with all of my KCB baseplates in June. It's almost the whole alphabet (SB & OC) so I'll be busy ☺️🙈

Last edited:

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I love my original CB in brass but wish there was a G plate in Open Comb. I looked at the Overlander back when but am generally turned off by the fatter heads required to cover the blade tabs, and I've never felt the CB's shaving angle to be off putting. I sometimes use the F Open Comb but last I used it had the G plate on ..

In fact, I just used my brass CB with a safety bar E plate this morning. Ever since I purchased it in December of 2021 it has been in my regular rotation. Until last month I only used the G plate, but recently I picked on an E plate on the BST. While the G plate was great, the dropoff in efficiency by going to the E plate is so small and the increase in smoothness is so great that the G plate may stay in the drawer for a long time. With the G plate I find the shaving experience to be similar to my Blackland Dart. With the E plate it is more like my RazoRock GameChanger 1.05.

My only regret is that I don't like patina, so I need to polish the CB every now and then. I probably would have preferred the stainless steel version, assuming that it performs the same as the brass. That said, I'm retired now so I have more than enough time to polish the razor every few weeks.

I recently acquired a Karve Christopher Bradley Razor in stainless steel, polished finish, made in 2019 with the "F" plate. Great razor, the previous owner took great care of it including keeping a nylon washer between the handle & head. This is my first razor from Karve and Iove it.

Only thing, I wish I knew where to find a milder plate like the C or D. I appreciate an aggressive razor, but the F plate is a little overkill for me but it hasn't cut or nicked me yet.

I recently acquired a Karve Christopher Bradley Razor in stainless steel, polished finish, made in 2019 with the "F" plate. Great razor, the previous owner took great care of it including keeping a nylon washer between the handle & head. This is my first razor from Karve and Iove it.

Only thing, I wish I knew where to find a milder plate like the C or D. I appreciate an aggressive razor, but the F plate is a little overkill for me but it hasn't cut or nicked me yet.

I love my original CB in brass but wish there was a G plate in Open Comb. I looked at the Overlander back when but am generally turned off by the fatter heads required to cover the blade tabs, and I've never felt the CB's shaving angle to be off putting. I sometimes use the F Open Comb but last I used it had the G plate on ..

Brass OC G ?

Screenshot 2024-05-24 at 3.57.15 PM.png

Thank you!

I have the CB in brass with the B and C plates. I absolutely love the C plate and loaded with a Gillette SB blade, I get some of the best shaves with this razor. The weight and balance of this razor exudes excellence. Note that I find the B plate a little too mild for my tastes.

Top Bottom