What's new

Timeless Ti95 Review - A Lite Delight

To me "delight" is a word I use to describe products when my expectations are surpassed. I was delighted by the Ti95, and it only took one shave to know it. Going in I was skeptical of two things, 1) that titanium would make on impact on either the quality or the empirical efficiency of the shave, and 2) that Timeless would be able to deliver a shave as close as either my Blackbird or Athena. Although it didn't achieve everything, what it did deliver was unique and enjoyable in its own right.

By way of exposition, before ordering the Ti95 I had already purchased a Blackbird (SS Polished) and Athena, and had a SS Overlander and SS Le Maurice 1.4 coming in the mail. My assumption when buying all 4 had been I enjoy, neigh prefer, the heft of a solid razor and therefore saw no need for the added expense of titanium. Moreover, I asserted that the added weight would actually aid the shaving process by allowing gravity to do more of the work.

I had read reviews of the Timeless 95 and knew that some believed its efficiency was lower than the BB or Athena. Even still, it's beauty and unique design kept me returning to it, and given its titanium version had a relatively lower premium to the base steel version than other razors I thought it would be interesting and fun to make it my first titanium experience. What I quickly realized was that if indeed titanium proved to be superior it might cast a shadow over my 4 existing SS razors in which I had just made a considerable investment.

As I shaved with the Ti95 the word which kept coming to mind was "fun". Whereas the BB is a sharp entrenching tool which lays waste to everything in its path, and the Athena is a deft scalpel, the Ti95 was like shaving with a conductor's baton. It swoops and glides across your face with ease. One of my favorite features of the Ti95 are the massive lather channels which make cleaning between passes the easiest of all my razors. The big domed head made finding the blade angle a little tricky, somewhere around neutral, but also made for a smooth and bouncy ride. Interestingly, the efficiency seemed higher than either my BB or Athena on my neck, about the same on my cheeks, but lower above the upper lip. Maybe this has something do with the bulbous shape of the head. When all was said and done, I think the overall efficiency falls short of either the Athena or BB, but still delivers a DFS+ with an experience which is unique and fun (there's that word again) combined with an old-world aesthetic.

As to the superiority of titanium, I think I'm a believer. The maneuverability and ease of use which comes from the light weight truly seemed to make the shaving process easier, and in turn more enjoyable. The good news is yesterday was day 28 since I received my SS Blackbird and I'm happy to report that they've accepted my exchange, and my SS Blackbird is on the way to them and a polished titanium BB is on the way to me. I guess it's lucky that neither the Overlander or Athena come in titanium (yet). The Le Maurice will just have to remain SS because I don't intend to ship it back to France and the premium for titanium is too high anyway. As with everything else, wet shaving is a journey not a destination and I'm having fun along the way. Love my new Ti95!

As a side note, I'm using Wizamet Superior Iridium blades for all my shaves until I learn the unique features of each razor.

Attachments

• Ti95#1.jpg
    Ti95#1.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Ti95#2.jpg
    Ti95#2.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Ti95#3.jpg
    Ti95#3.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 31
Wonder what is advantage of Slim v/s Normal?
I've only had three shaves with the Slim, but with that caveat, YMMV, etc., I think that the main advantage is weight and maneuverability. I plan to go back to the .95 tonight or tomorrow to get a better idea, but at this point I'm not certain that the Slim is more efficient than the .95. It (the Slim) is definitely more comfortable and intuitive for me. I have yet to experience any weepers or cuts with it, and only some slight neck irritation after the second shave, which may have been a lather issue. All of that said, I have a feeling that the .95 might be a tad more efficient. I have the SB versions of the plates, and have experienced wonderful shaves with both of them. I prefer these by far over the .68SB and .68OC.

Following up, I shaved with the Ti .95SB tonight and I do think it's more efficient, at least for me and my shaving style. Here's my post in a different thread.

I am considering a Ti95, but am interested if anyone can describe its shave compared to a Timeless Bronze .78 OC. If I had a BB or Athena, then the comparison given here would inform me, but I don't. I do have the .78 OC. It is part of my "Four Razors of the Apocalypse" scary, dangerous razors.

Is the Ti95 greater than, less than, or equal to?

I am considering a Ti95, but am interested if anyone can describe its shave compared to a Timeless Bronze .78 OC. If I had a BB or Athena, then the comparison given here would inform me, but I don't. I do have the .78 OC. It is part of my "Four Razors of the Apocalypse" scary, dangerous razors.

According to the Timeless website the bronze .78 is the most aggressive razor they offer. I don’t have one but I do have the .95 OC and wouldn’t want anything more aggressive than that.

You might want to check with @JAHE:

In!

View attachment 1852621
Four weepers today, only. That's a good result for me and my face 😉 The Timeless Bronze .78 OC is a beautyful razor. But it's my most aggressive razor (it's sneaky in terms of biting without further warning)... I would have sold it already if there wasn't the .38 baseplate which hopefully will suit me way better. As some might recall I'm eagerly awaiting a friend of mine to import the plate to Germany. Bought the plate back in 2023.

I hope everyone's enjoying a relaxed Sunday!

Cheers, Comrades!
He calls this one his most aggressive razor - and I can tell you his den has got some steep competition for that claim!

I don't have his experience as I do not have the .78OC - but I can say that the .95 is a very smooth and comfortable shaver.

You might want to check with @JAHE:

He calls this one his most aggressive razor - and I can tell you his den has got some steep competition for that claim!

I don't have his experience as I do not have the .78OC - but I can say that the .95 is a very smooth and comfortable shaver.
My fellow dutch namesake is right.
😀👍

@AshleyC
If I was to characteristize the .78 OC Bronze with one word only it'd be "sneaky". This thing is the end level big boss for me and my face. The Stirling Hyper Aggressive baseplate might be even crazier in terms of blade feel, but the shave is way more predictable with this razor.

Now, to the Timeless .95. The only .95 Timeless I have right now is the .95 OC in stainless steel. Shaving with said one feels like a walk in the park compared to the .78 OC; very efficient, but without the pink lather factor 😉
So I would best guess a .95 SB should be even a tad milder.

If the stars align as expected I'll welcome a .38 Bronze and .95 SS with scallopped baseplate, next month...

Cheers!

Addendum: today I hit the right angle and the Ti95 delivered a BBS rivaling anything from my Athena or Bird. It seems the right angle is closer to 30 degrees rather than neutral. Amazing razor.
30 degrees is retty much neutral on most razors and I have classified that with the Ti95DC I used for about 3yrs as my sole razor until I came upon the Ti Blackbird which made it expendable and I had to move it on to someone that would use it. Great choice of razor you made as mine served up BBS shaves every shave out for me but the Ti Blackbird is a step above the Timeless for me...

Wishing you the greatest of shaves for the future...

I threw a Nacet into my Ti95 this morning. My first time using a Nacet. Wow. What a difference. The Wizamet I've been using is a fine blade, but I see now what others mean when they call it a "medium to medium-high" sharpness blade. The Nacet easily elevated my shave from a BBS to a BBS+. The Nacet provided beatiful crunchy audio feedback and I could literally feel the additional sharpness. Great blade.

Top Bottom