What's new

any STRONG instant coffee online places?

When you say strong, my first thought is why not just add another half teaspoon of coffee to increase the punch. But I think you may also be looking for a coffee with a different flavor, either a different roast profile or just simply more or better flavor. Freshness helps with instant coffee, to increase the aroma and get more flavor out of what was originally there. You may get some improvement from using smaller jars and more recently roasted coffee of your current favorite, if you can find them.

If you have not tried Nescafe or Folgers recently you could give them a try, otherwise spend a little more and try Starbucks instant. Those are the mass market choices that come to mind first. Otherwise you may have to switch over to freshly brewed.

Otherwise you may have to switch over to freshly brewed.

He should switch to freshly brewed as soon as possible. Instant Coffee, is the generic brand super dull disposable razor of the coffee world: basically worthless, and painful to drink. It's only benefit is that it satisfies your need for caffeine.

yea..I meant just variety of strong instant coffee....but now im feeling like going to brewed coffee again...:lol:...I sip my coffee..NO more downing it...ill sideeffects of blood sugar spike n drop...:huh:

There's a guy here at work that won't drink anything but instant. We have fresh brewed Community Coffee free all day, brewed in a Bunn drip machine into vacuum pots, and he drinks instant. I asked him about it, and he said he got used to it many years ago and brewed coffee tastes "funny" to him. Different strokes, I guess.

He swears by Tasters Choice, BTW. I asked him if he ever tried Starbucks Via and he said it was too expensive for him.

Freshness helps with instant coffee, to increase the aroma and get more flavor out of what was originally there. You may get some improvement from using smaller jars and more recently roasted coffee of your current favorite, if you can find them.

There is NO such thing. Perhaps you mean "freshly packed"?

There's a guy here at work that won't drink anything but instant. We have fresh brewed Community Coffee free all day, brewed in a Bunn drip machine into vacuum pots, and he drinks instant. I asked him about it, and he said he got used to it many years ago and brewed coffee tastes "funny" to him. Different strokes, I guess.

He swears by Tasters Choice, BTW. I asked him if he ever tried Starbucks Via and he said it was too expensive for him.

I worked with a woman from Kuwait who was raised drinking instant coffee. I made her coffee from fresh roasted beans quite often, in a variety of methods, and she repeatedly stated that she couldn't get used to the taste. Something like that I can understand. She recognized that there is nothing special about instant coffee, just that's what her taste buds preferred. Poor thing.

There is NO such thing. Perhaps you mean "freshly packed"?
No doubt instant coffee is a compromise. But I mean that a freshly packed and recently opened jar of Instant Coffee is much better than long ago packed or long ago opened jar. I drank a lot of instant coffee when I was younger and noticed some differences but I did not appreciate why. More recently I occasionally drank some instant coffee while in the office and paid closer attention as I was trying to determine which of Nescafe, Folgers, Maxwell House, Starbucks, etc. I liked better. What I really noticed was that the coffee was always better and more flavorful just after opening, than when trying months later. That after opening there seemed to be a lot more aroma and what one would image to be crema. But over time those characteristics faded and one was left with a cup of dissolved solids that was flat in comparison.

I worked with a woman from Kuwait who was raised drinking instant coffee. I made her coffee from fresh roasted beans quite often, in a variety of methods, and she repeatedly stated that she couldn't get used to the taste. Something like that I can understand. She recognized that there is nothing special about instant coffee, just that's what her taste buds preferred. Poor thing.

I can appreciate her desire for consistency. Then again, maybe coffee in Kuwait is otherwise bad? There are places were Nescafe is the best.

Just in case you aren't already aware, most of the world knows coffee as Nescafe. That's it. Once something is ingrained into a culture, it can be quite difficult to get them to ditch it for something else. For instance, my trying to get cheap coffee drinkers to grind their own coffee, that was roasted only days previously,.. every morning.

I can appreciate her desire for consistency. Then again, maybe coffee in Kuwait is otherwise bad? There are places were Nescafe is the best.

She does appreciate proper "Turkish" coffee, much of the Middle East, Greece, and the Balkans has a variant of true Turkish coffee but they all call it something different. Properly brewed over coals... YUM!

Just in case you aren't already aware, most of the world knows coffee as Nescafe. That's it. Once something is ingrained into a culture, it can be quite difficult to get them to ditch it for something else. For instance, my trying to get cheap coffee drinkers to grind their own coffee, that was roasted only days previously,.. every morning.

Nescafe is exactly what my Kuwaiti friend drinks. Now, there is a "Greek Frappe" drink that can be made with a certain type of Nescafe (i can't remember which type of drying, but it's only available in Europe and online... not in American stores). Delicious! People just shouldn't confuse it with a good, properly brewed cup of coffee. :lol:

Last edited:
Top Bottom