What's new

Any Rocket Love Here

I've been using Feathers in my HD500 and MD 500 and the shaves were great. I tried a Personna the other day and found that it was not bad but nowhere near the quality shave of the Feather. I was a bit surprised at how much more I liked the Feather in my Rockets.

Living in Australia, I have been fortunate to have built a collection of Rockets found in the wild, including a cased Red Tip Rocket, and Blue Tip,
TV Special and regular Flare Tip models.

Here was my latest wild find: a HD Rocket that was not the first in my collection, but probably the mintiest! (This photograph was taken before cleaning.)

proxy.php

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Living in Australia, I have been fortunate to have built a collection of Rockets found in the wild, including a cased Red Tip Rocket, and Blue Tip,
TV Special and regular Flare Tip models.

Here was my latest wild find: a HD Rocket that was not the first in my collection, but probably the mintiest! (This photograph was taken before cleaning.)

proxy.php
Some guys have all the geographical luck!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I have to admit that I'm envious of you guys in this Rocket thread. What a fine razor, and what a fine and awesome shaver are they. I still haven't received my Rocket HD500 as of yet and I don't really know what kind of shape that it's in but.. The 1949 Rocket that I do have, the silo doors hang uneven and the end caps are tilted but it still shaves good. Over all it's in decent shape for being close to 70 years old (it's in better shape than myself). ;)

You gents have compiled a fine collection here and I truly enjoy viewing these photos. Keep them coming. :a14:

An Aristocrat Junior shouldered by a couple HD 500s.

One HD was a wild find and the other two razors were trades from wild finds. Wild finds are much more satisfying than purchasing off the bay.

I think I'll use the AJ tonight!
upload_2017-11-10_8-9-7.png

2rockets.jpg

I've got 4- 1949 Rocket Superspeeds, three with cases. 1 - 1956 Hd 500. 1 - Gold 1949-50 Rocket. 1- 1953 Flare tip Rocket and a 1948-52 English Aristocrat with pointy caps.

Attachments

• rockets.JPG
    rockets.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 8
My newly acquired Gillette Rocket HD500, 70gm, Brit. Pat. 694 093 in the tray, no case and it's difficult deciphering what year it's from, any idea?

And "Ramathorn" niceee collection you have. :)

Attachments

• DSC_1420.JPG
    DSC_1420.JPG
    446.3 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC_1423.JPG
    DSC_1423.JPG
    516.6 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC_1424.JPG
    DSC_1424.JPG
    510.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
My newly acquired Gillette Rocket HD500, 70gm, Brit. Pat. 694 093 in the tray, no case and it's difficult deciphering what year it's from, any idea?

And "Ramathorn" niceee collection you have. :)

Never mind, with further reading I've come across the 'Gillette' age old question for which there is no answer "without" the original case that it came in. ;) My scales could be off by 1gm too. So .. I guess I have a 54-55-56 HD500. My first shave with it tonight and it's one efficient, magnificent tool to shave with.

I'm still impressed with the photo collections and the written words of knowledge by the "Rocket Men".
Thanks Gents. :a14:

I've searched as many resources that I could find, including Achim's site, mr-razor.com, and dated them as closely as I can. @MacDaDad your HD looks like it might be 55-56-57.

I've searched as many resources that I could find, including Achim's site, mr-razor.com, and dated them as closely as I can. @MacDaDad your HD looks like it might be 55-56-57.

I've read where the ^^above^^ are the best of the bunch too. Being that I'm not a collector, it makes little difference to me. All of my shaves with 1940's SuperSpeeds, 1949 Rocket and my 55-56-56- HD500 are superb if not magnificent. :thumbup:

In all honesty, it's great to have a bunch of guys on here who are knowledgeable about the vintage Gillette razors. I started shaving with these razors and I'll more than likely die with one of them gripped in my hand. :a8:

Top Bottom