What's new

Any Mushroom Hunters?

It looks like a trip with the young lady is off. I met her husband...
Yeah, that can put an end to that kind of thing. It's good to be able to get out of trouble before you can get into it, and that sure sounds like trouble gonna happen.

I don't go hunting them much, but I keep an eye out for puffballs and morels in season. My son's been living off the grid for a few years, and the last time I saw him he gave me a huge chicken of the woods that was pretty good; it actually tasted more like chicken than any of the things that people usually say taste like chicken. I expressed my concern about his forays into wild mushrooms, and he assured me that he's being cautious. He's got a really good field guide, is careful to spore print, clears everything with his mentor,... I can't help but be worried, but I think it's pretty cool.

I have always been interested in this but way to scared that I would kill myself in the process. Can anyone point me in the right direction of a good guide to start with?

Additionally, I recently read that you can regrow mushrooms from stalks. Could one regrow a wild one by the stalk and domesticate a wild species?

It looks like a trip with the young lady is off. I met her husband, who just introduced himself. Later I get a message from her that he said, "I don't mean any harm, but there's no way in hell you're going with her. And if she decides to go, anyway, you can keep her"

Wasn't expecting that, but I plan on going by myself, anyway!

Thanks for all the advice, everyone.
lol, whoops!

Top Bottom