What's new

Any Mac Users?

another mac user. Have had an SE, LC, bondi blue imac, and now one of the new aluminum imacs. I miss the old style 9" monitor original mac designs.

Never going back to PC's. PC free since since the last couple years of OS-9. Got a Mac Pro, and a Macbook. The Mrs. has a Macbook too, the daughter a Mini & an iMac, and the mother-in-law has an iMac. I'm the quasi-guru for all.

Mac Mini user here. It's one of the last models with the PPC chip in it and still runs like a champ after nearly five years. It got bogged down with a bunch of stuff so I wiped it and installed a PPC version of Ubuntu for a while, but reloaded Tiger because it works better for me.

Apple IIE
Macintosh SE
Powerbook 520 (Blackbird)
Original iMac
Power Mac G4 (QuickSilver 2002)
Original iPod

20" Intel Mac
MacBook Pro (work)
iPod Classic
iPhone 3GS

So, 6 computers over 20 years or so. I actually used the G4 as my main computer for six or seven years. It had upgrades (video, drive, memory) but still six years is pretty good for still being useful for graphics intensive tasks (illustration).

That first iPod lasted just as long as the G4 and I sold it on eBay for almost the original purchase price. Of course, it was in mint condition with box, so that helped. Replaced the battery once by myself with a kit.

Never thought I was the target consumer for the iPhone but then got one as a birthday present the other week and am blown away by how useful it is.

I'm a Mac/Win house and happy.

Mac Mini (with WinXP running in Fusion)
iPod Touch
Win XP netbooks
Vista Desktop

They all work together just fine and they all meet different needs beautifully. I love the Mac for a lot of the personal work I do.

I love Windows for several Win-only software programs and some features that I think the Mac lacks. But the Mac earns big points for being able to run a Windows environment and letting the user switch easily between the two (in Fusion anyway).

Apple ][+
Apple ][e
Mac Plus
Mac LCIII
PowerMac 7100
Beige G3 Tower
Powerbook "Pismo" G3
Blue & White G3
G4 Sawtooth
G4 Digital Audio
Mirrored Drive Door Dual G4
iMac 20" (iLamp)
PowerBook G4
Mac Mini
iPhone 3G

Yet for all this, I'm a fairly mute Mac fan. I'm a fanboy in a way, but just because the Mac is a great tool, doesn't make it the best computer or even OS ever created. I'm probably a bigger nerd than a Mac-head. Though, if the OpenCL promises in Snow Leopard are close to the truth, plus XGrid and the new multi-threading promises of Grand Central... well, Mac OS X might be the best OS ever created. But hey, Apple's a great marketing company too, ha ha ha. :rolleyes:

I'm getting a macbook pro pretty soon. What is the deal with a mac tv?

It streams content (music, videos, pictures), included iTunes movie rentals, from a Mac in your house to a High-Def TV. It's a low-end computer running a cut-down version of Mac OS X, and is, if you play it right, very hackable. Trouble is, it's not that powerful. So while you can run Boxee on one...you're usually better off running Boxee on something with a little more grunt.

Me too--since '85. Around the house we have two MacBooks, an iMac, an old Powerbook G4, a 5300 laptop, a graphite motorcycle helmet-shaped iMac, a couple of Airports, iPods and maybe even a Newton.

I have three Macs: A white Macbook, a Unibody Macbook, a Ti-Book, Iphone and two Ipods.
The best way to surf the internets!

Ewwwwwwwww..... Macs! :001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2:

I had an Apple LCII in the mid-90s but for over a decade now I've custom built all my computers; including the big, bad beast of a PC I currently use...

Built in '06 (for a mere $1,200) it hosts an Intel 2.13 Core2 proc, Gigabyte mobo, 2GB of DDR RAM & a raided-striped pair of Raptor 7200 HDs, swapping between nVidia 7900GTOC & ATi x1950, an Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty sound card and DVD Burner in an uber-slick Lian Li case. The case alone was $200 :lol:

Though, I bought a MacMini for my Mom for her Birthday last Fall and I am considering picking up a laptop for my iPhone/iPod game development

I just couldn't resist hating on Mac for a second

Top Bottom