What's new

Any Mac Users?

My family uses an iMac and I have a Macbook Pro.

I love Mac OSX. I only use Windows when I need to run a program that won't work in Crossover and when I need a file that's saved on my Dell.

I've never used anything else at home. I used to despise having to wade through Windows-based programs at college and later at work. Most folks I run across who have something negative to say about Macs have never owned one.
Gotta love the 24" monitor!

They made me use ordinary PC's and microsofts offerings at work.

I never forgave them.

Now I'm retired, I use Mac. Life has become stress free again.

Thanks to the great Apple god in the sky.

You want Hulu and Boxxy then. Trust me.

I will have to check out Boxxy.

But I have been given a green light on a camcorder. My old Mini-DV died on us, so I am in the market for a flash or hard drive based camcorder. Anyone know about these? I know the JVC's output .MOD files ... I have Visualhub, not sure it can convert these files though. Does any brand output straight mpg's?

My soap and brush order will have to wait.

Mac user since '94 when I bought a top-of-the-heap Quadra 840AV. I have such fond memories of that computer that I recently picked up a near-mint PowerMac 7300/200 so I can run System 7.6 and play "Hellcats Over the Pacific" and "Myst" again. And dabble with Hypercard. :smile:

Currently have a 24" iMac, G5 quad 2.5ghz and my old G4 dual 500mhz workhorse. Lots of monitors and a ludicrous collection of external FW drives (I've compiled a ridiculous movie collection). You think RAD is bad? You ain't seen nothin'!

I've never used anything else at home. I used to despise having to wade through Windows-based programs at college and later at work. Most folks I run across who have something negative to say about Macs have never owned one.
Gotta love the 24" monitor!

I've owned two of them recently and I have plenty of bad things to say. But I have bad things to say about PCs as well. :wink:

Mac user since '94 when I bought a top-of-the-heap Quadra 840AV. I have such fond memories of that computer that I recently picked up a near-mint PowerMac 7300/200 so I can run System 7.6 and play "Hellcats Over the Pacific" and "Myst" again. And dabble with Hypercard. :smile:

Currently have a 24" iMac, G5 quad 2.5ghz and my old G4 dual 500mhz workhorse. Lots of monitors and a ludicrous collection of external FW drives (I've compiled a ridiculous movie collection). You think RAD is bad? You ain't seen nothin'!

Oh, man, HOtP was so awesome. about 4 frames per second video on my LCIII, maybe 5 -- and if you ran into the parachute of the bailed-out pilot, you exploded. Ah, good times, good times.

For System 6 gaming, I strongly recommend you get MinivMac. I now play Dark Castle 1 & 2 in full screen mode on my 20" iMac... :w00t:

I've been a Mac man since 1997, and I suppose I will always be, as long as "they" make them.

Started out on a Twentieth Anniversary Mac. You know, basically a laptop with a Bose sound system and a 603e, 250MHz processor.

Am posting this reply on a 2004 eMac with 1GHz PowerPC G4 chip and 768 MB SDRAM. Oh yes, unless I forget, running OS 10.4.11 on an 80GB hard drive with a Pioneer SuperDrive CD/DVD burner and FireWire.

No Windows or Microsoft anything that I know of, and have never had any virus issues.

Pretty damned good for a computer that is just over five years old, and still able to do anything I need to do!

Also, a couple of iPods. Would own an iPhone, but don't want to do business with AT&T.

Regards,

David

Last edited:
Top Bottom